Speedometer???

brad

Registered
Just a couple days ago my speedometer needle began to bounce all over the dial when riding. The odometer is registering mileage correctly but the needle is all over the place. While crusing 70 mph is goes up to 120 then down to 30 then back up to 110 ect.ect.ect.
I can use some help on this one guys.
thanks.
brad

I've seen this problem on here before. You might want to use the search; with that said check the connector on the back of the cluster, then maybe remove the part that the clutch plunger thingy goes in and clean the muck off the speed sensor :dunno:

ya know...i did the face plate and cleaned the cover..guess what..my speedo is hella fast now..runing 5 to 10 mph high based on waht i know the tach average speed was... 4k for about 80 in 6th 4.5 for 90-95... but im hitting over hundred now...its ok i know what my normal speed should be 3-3.5k in 6th to be legal

No mods I've never touched the instrument cluster. Could it just be the servo motor in the speedometer taking a dump. Has this ever happended to anyone else. Sending unit is clean down by the sprocket. Plugs all look good and making contact.
???

thats a tough one! I guess since its already screwed up, take this opportunity and go for a new face plate... lol

Back