Southern California Engine Builder/Tuner

mmcdo005

Registered
Hello,

I have a 2 seater King Sand Car with a turbo Hayabusa engine that was originally built by Heads Up Performance (long before I got the car). The motor runs strong once the turbo spools up, but throttle response is pretty sluggish and it seems to be running rich (bogs a bit). There is also an oil leak coming from a previous crack at the rear upper engine mount

I am trying to find someone in the Southern California area that would be able to rebuild the engine with new cases, and possibly make some upgrades at the same time. I also need someone that can tune the car once the engine is freshened up (car currently has a Power Commander 3).

If required, I can pull the motor from the car and ship it to a builder. But still need to find someone local to tune it. Any recommendations are appreciated, thanks!

D5AB6870-93EB-4EAC-B195-2B36E51A82BA.jpeg

This is where I was planning to take my Gen 2 for a flash tune. But I haven't yet, so I only know their work quality on hearsay.

West LA area

did you end up finding a tuner? I have a king sand car as well. Just went to a 1397 big bore kit with head work. Need to find a tuner as well

did you end up finding a tuner? I have a king sand car as well. Just went to a 1397 big bore kit with head work. Need to find a tuner as well
I got in contact with L&L Motorsports in Littlerock. He has my motor currently, and we are waiting for machine work and parts from APE.

I don’t have any results to speak from yet, but the guy definitely seems to know his stuff about the Hayabusa, and he does lots of dyno tuning on the bikes.

Back