Soupy's spacer Question

no911forme

Registered
I ordered the upper tree spacer kit to raise the handle bars a little bit.

Question is....do I need to loosen the front shocks and raise them back up into the upper tree after installing the spacers or can I leave the shocks in the stock position.... It looks as if the tree has way more support when the top of the shocks are slid up into the tree.... I really dont want to lower the bike... I have tall speed bumps going to my house and dont want the bike to bottom out...

You shouldnt have to lower the bike. Leave the fork clamps where they are on the bottom side, install the spacer. I am not 100% familiar with the soupys kit, but other kits it is just a spacer.

Only lower it if you want the bike to be lowered. I do remember that you have to unhook the clutch line from the frame or something when you install them just because it gets tight. You'll have to search it

As stated, you can leave the forks where they are. Just undo the upper triple and put that under it with the new bolts. You don't need to remove anything else. It's tight but it'll go. Soupys sells a nice kit, I have it on both my wifes bike and mine.

I have one as well. Clutch line does get a bit tight. That motivated me to invest in Galfer steel braided lines and I ordered them an inch longer than stock. Plenty of slack now.

installed the kit and it really does make a world of difference.... I need to do the muffler mod next....

Thanks for the replys.... you guy's are great !!!

Back