Soupy's front spacers install question?

Gear Jammer '94

Registered

I'm lowering my '05 and am new to Busa mods. I have installed Soupy's adjustable lower links. Installation was pretty straight forward. I also strapped the front end with a kit from Brock's. I've purchased the spacers from Soupy's to raise the triple tree as well. Is this just a matter of removing the four bolts, and reinstalling the longer bolts with the spacers? Anything else I need to know? Also, I've tried removing the first bolt (lower left hand one) and the bolt turns when I turn the nut. What can I do since I can get a hold of the bolt from the top? I'm new to modifying motorcycles, have a lot of plans this winter for the Hayabusa, and appreciate any advice. I've done a search but haven't come up with exactly what I need. Thanks!

Hey Tyler, Welcome. Assuming you are taking the top clamp off to do the install. It is pretty cut and dry once you get that off.

The reason that top 8mm Allen is moving is because you are not holding the nut on the bottom. Use a 14mm closed or open wrench. Turn the handle bars toward or away from you (whichever makes it easier) and hold that nut while turning the top.

Hope that helps.

Thanks Cookie. Maybe I'm losing my mind here but IIRC the top of the bolt is smooth and there isn't any allen bolt. Is there some type of cap that needs to pop off? I was trying to use the 14mm socket and turn it from the bottom which was a PITA.

There is a "cover" on the top clamp.

Take a razor blade and carefully edge it under the seam of the chrome cap,,, you will see it when you get down and really look.

Once you get it up a little you can use your fingernail or what other method of raising that cap out to expose the top of the bolt you are not seeing.

Replace once you are done by just pushing back into the top of the Allen opening. Don't scratch, they are a bit pricey,, darn little critters! :laugh:

Oh, that makes sense. Thanks! I'll look at it tomorrow; appreciate the quick and very informative response. You learn something new everyday. Love this forum! :)

Ok, spacers and bolts are in but do I have to bring the forks up to meet the raised triple tree? I tried loosening the two bolts holding the upper clamps around the forks thinking they would slide up but they didn't budge? Forgive a newbie but what now? Thanks.

No you dont have to unless you want to lower the bike.and if you do,you have to loosen upper and lower fork tube but only one side at a time or bike will collapse , when loosened if you still cant get the fork tube to move you can spread the clamping area with a screw driver just dont shove it in there and damage the tube,i.e. short and fat

Back