base spacer question??? Please help

rk00944

Registered
Hello guys,

I am building a turbo busa 05 gen 1. my question is what base spacer and head gasket should i use to lower the compression to 9:1 and which head studs do you think? do i need to get a manual cam chain adjuster to get the timing right after i raise the deck? thank you

base spacer .080,if your using stock piston or after market pistons that are 1299 stock head gasket, ape pro mod studs:thumbsup: use the stock cam chain tensor

You can use stock tensioner.. I have the parts if anybody needs to backorder anything..

Hello guys,

I am building a turbo busa 05 gen 1. my question is what base spacer and head gasket should i use to lower the compression to 9:1 and which head studs do you think? do i need to get a manual cam chain adjuster to get the timing right after i raise the deck? thank you

after raising the deck height, you will need adjustable camshaft sprockets, some people use just one adjustable sprocket on the intake side, allows more exhaust overlap on stock exhaust cam. Spot weld the sprocket after correct timing is achieved. 105/105. (mine ended up with 105/107 with just the adjustable sprocket on the intake side :thumbsup:

Go with a comtic mls head gasket. Your gonna shoot yourself in the foot if you go through all that an put a factory head gasket in.

You can use the manual tensioner so you do not need to use a spacer, and will help keep the cams in time while the motor is running.

Back