SOUO 2000 Goldwing clone from China

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
Flat 8 with an 8 speed DCT and Brembos. Looks pretty good. Around $49,000 US

IMG_0643.png

That thing looks horrific in my opinion, especially the red, like a ugly previous generation GW. Price is insane but I would like to see the specs and see how it actually compares to a GW in terms of performance, handling and weight.

In the modern day and age where motorcycles are getting smaller and more streamlined due to an ever shrinking market, this particular motorcycle looks like a folly...

Even Honda realized they needed to make the Gold Wing smaller and in my opinion, they are the leaders in touring motorcycles and have vastly more knowledge than any Chinese company would.

The only reason HD has stayed true to their course and kept their bikes big and heavy is because of their lengthy heritage and customer loyalty.

Due to heavy censorship in communist China, you will never hear about any faults from their motor vehicle industries, unless it's leaked. By the time you buy one, it's generally too late. No recalls, no safety compliance. Any export compliances are usually faked.

I'd have a higher probability of surviving as a 1950's test pilot, than ride a Chinese motorbike. Beware of their inferior metallurgy. Also, their EV's are finally showing their true side.

An elderly lady, Japanese martial artist once told me that a Japanese stranger will smile at you and show sincerity, whereas a Chinese stranger will not smile at you (generally speaking). Regarding the fact that their countries are not so far apart from one-another in distance, their cultures can differ markedly in many ways. This absolutely reflects a huge difference in quality of indigenous products made within their respective countries.
I'd sure buy a Japanese bike any day. Or high quality DSLR camera and the like.

Maybe China is getting better. I can remember when everything that was labeled Made In Japan was junk. BTW the OEM oil filter on my made in Japan Kawasaki says Made In China on it. I’m not sure that any one person, elderly female martial artist or not, can speak for an entire country’s people, even her own.

Maybe China is getting better. I can remember when everything that was labeled Made In Japan was junk. BTW the OEM oil filter on my made in Japan Kawasaki says Made In China on it. I’m not sure that any one person, elderly female martial artist or not, can speak for an entire country’s people, even her own.
The "good" items made in China are "good" because other countries who have their products made in China do so by enforcing strict company quality control policies -- such as Apple, before they withdrew from China. Without that, there is no quality control but their own. Hence the word "indigenous products" indigenous only to China which are usually of questionable quality or outright fake because of no oversight.

I remember when the world was flooded with millions of fake semiconductors from China. Yes fake. Outright and knowingly fake. And many businesses globally suffered from it -- After knowing what they did. And it wasn't an attempt to do their best, even if it turns out to be junk. Not even close. It was intentionally deceptive.

Let's not even start on the subject of Melamine in babies milk formula or Chinese secret "police" illegally operating in other countries.

Developing countries who make junk at one point, eventually do improve, yes, we all have regardless of country, but only when they learn from their mistakes from their own efforts.
However, building bridges and buildings that continually collapse, exporting flawed metals, knowingly selling fake electronics and counterfeit products, burning EV's also electrocuting people because of cutting corners, blatant disregard to human rights (Tibetan genocide to mention one), is but a short list of happenings that aren't happening in world war two, but happening today, right now.

Based on the overwhelming evidence of what's going on I'm pretty sure that encapsulates an entire country's people, even if it's a dictatorship. It's the bar set that they all live by.

I only buy American, European or from any other developed country. If you've missed the news in the past, the USA withdrew all silicon chip manufacturing out of China for a good reason.

Enjoy your oil filter.

From what I've read, China's economy is hurting and there are entire industrial cities sitting vacant due to lack of product......kind of like how Michigan went when the auto industry abandoned it.

One big glaring issue I see with this motorcycle is if it ever came to North America, who would fix it or sell it...?

I suppose they could piggy back off the CFMoto dealerships China has set up here in Canada.....

Speaking of CFMoto, it's amazing how they can blatantly copy Yamaha (and other) products and rebrand them as their own....copyright laws don't exist in China.

Back