Kia Stinger AWD GT2, anyone drive one?

I felt the same way when I sold my C6 roadster for a bigger, quieter cabin but with just about the same power. My Vette got better mileage but it weighed a thousand pounds less than my Caddy.
I bought my 15 y/o an STS last week, (got a good deal and he wanted it) and I've been driving it back and forth. It's confirmed my choice of not buying the V that I considered, it's just not big enough for me to be comfortable in.

You can't fault a manufacturer for their drivetrain not being able to handle more power than they designed it to make, you just don't buy them if you want to modify.
Comparison between the stinger and Supra or C7 misses the point, those are very different demographics. I could replace my car with a coupe, but I want room for 4 grown adults and 500+ to the wheels.

I owned a black q50 red sport that makes 400 hp/394ft torque stock on their twin turbos. A simple tune + LDP/exhaust/intake and HE swap brought it to 574 with 510 at the wheels. 4door sedan. Funny thing is the sedan is actually 90 lbs lighter than my q60rs coupe.

I owned a black q50 red sport that makes 400 hp/394ft torque stock on their twin turbos. A simple tune + LDP/exhaust/intake and HE swap brought it to 574 with 510 at the wheels. 4door sedan. Funny thing is the sedan is actually 90 lbs lighter than my q60rs coupe.
Those are very nice cars, and respond well to tunes. You and I have talked about them.... they're out of my reach financially.

Those are very nice cars, and respond well to tunes. You and I have talked about them.... they're out of my reach financially.

They depreciate A LOT. You can probably get a nice used one for less than half of MSRP. I’m glad I traded it in for the coupe because those hold value higher.

Used audi s8 2013+ were 120k and now under 40k. Stock 0-60 3.7seconds. Get a down pipe and tune they will do 3.2s. For a car that big that is awesome. Just set some money aside for a German car without warranty.

They depreciate A LOT. You can probably get a nice used one for less than half of MSRP. I’m glad I traded it in for the coupe because those hold value higher.
I hear ya, but I'm happy where I'm at. Once I'm done with school I'll reassess.

Used audi s8 2013+ were 120k and now under 40k. Stock 0-60 3.7seconds. Get a down pipe and tune they will do 3.2s. For a car that big that is awesome. Just set some money aside for a German car without warranty.
Those are nice. And I know exactly what you mean. I just dropped some coun to fix the major issue with my current German car.

IMG_20190823_195029356_LL.jpg

The RS7s are nicer and have better options imho. Good luck finding a used one that isn’t beat on though, they’re unicorns.

Those are nice. And I know exactly what you mean. I just dropped some coun to fix the major issue with my current German car.

View attachment 1603946

Audi maintenance is highest out of all of the German cars. They’re very nice and keep their value well, but once that maintenance hits, most people would just rather sell or trade their car in. That’s why leasing the AMGs and M series and the RS Audi’s are so popular tbh.

Audi maintenance is highest out of all of the German cars. They’re very nice and keep their value well, but once that maintenance hits, most people would just rather sell or trade their car in. That’s why leasing the AMGs and M series and the RS Audi’s are so popular tbh.
I've never owned an Audi, but the Mercs are ridiculously expensive to maintain, especially the ABC cars. BMW is far more reasonable for parts.

BMWs are no slouch when it comes to maintenance costs either...everyone I know with a BMW gets rid of it just before the warranty ends.

BMWs are no slouch when it comes to maintenance costs either...everyone I know with a BMW gets rid of it just before the warranty ends.
Their parts aren't cheap I agree, ($400+ for an alternator) but Merc is flat ridiculous, especially the ABC equipped cars. $270 for a suspension hydraulic line.

They must be through the roof as I know BMW is crazy priced

It’s an arm, a leg and some more. My TT RS maintenance price in just parts alone, since we own a shop, was more than the m5’s maintenance price at the dealership. That’s why I ended up trading it in for another car. From now on, all my Germans will be leased since I have a shop to fabricate, install and simply take off whenever it’s time to switch up the lease.

The only bmw that’s ever costed more than an Audi was their 640i. That was such an abysmally bad car mechanically that they discontinued it instead of trying to fix it lol.

It’s an arm, a leg and some more. My TT RS maintenance price in just parts alone, since we own a shop, was more than the m5’s maintenance price at the dealership. That’s why I ended up trading it in for another car. From now on, all my Germans will be leased since I have a shop to fabricate, install and simply take off whenever it’s time to switch up the lease.
Leasing is what my friends now do with their German cars, once the warranty is close to ending, they are turned in.

Its not an exaggeration if I say I’ve driven hundreds of Kia Stingers.

I’ve complianced plated and sent out everyone on our side of Australia since they were released. Mostly the 3 different trim levels of twin turbo V6’s but also some 2ltr ones too. I like them. I’ve sent quite a few to the Queensland police force who are using them as highway cars now Australia no longer make V8 Holdens or Fords here.

To be honest, I was never a huge fan of Korean cars, but put your arse in ones like the Stinger and the great Hyundai i30N and it’s hard not to be impressed.

Back