SOOOOO MAADDDD!!!!!!

SpeedAdict

Gabe
Donating Member
Registered
So after 7 months of paitently waiting I thought I was going to get my bike back togther last night. All I had to do was put a new fairing stay, undertail and exhaust cans on. So I get to work taking the bike apart, no problem came apart easy as can be. Started to put the stay on and the lower bolt won't go in. Thought well that is funny. Get to looking, the braket the holds the set nut in was a little bent, so o.k. a little tweak and the bolt moves right in. I put the front end back togther and put the windshield on..... Try to turn the bars and my silly resivour are hitting the windshield. Not just a little, but the windshield is making contact right in the middle of the resivour. After further investigation the combination of the genmar, Helibar, with the yani shiki skeleton clamp didn't work. The skeleton upper clamp moves the bars forward about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch. So I either have to loose the genmar or loose the Heli bars. Since my stock bars are still packed away in my house hold goods shippment I loose the genmar. Still no luck. The Yani Shiki still do not work with helibars. So I have to go back to the stock clamp, bada bing she moves like butter. The rest of the work should go smoothly. Got the undertail on with a minor scrath do to a drill slipp. No biggy no one will see this. Bolt on the plate, Turn signals, new battery, realy cruising along now. Got to wire the new turn sagnals.....Ah forget it, it is getting late I just want one ride around the block. I can almost feal the wind in my face now. I have been dreaming of this for so long. Get to the exhaust and bam (insert car crash sound effect) D&D sent me the wrong mid pipe and exhaust can clamp. The only way I an get the right side on is if I point it straight up in the air like a diesel stack. So now I am down another week (probably) waiting to get a new mid and clamp. The up side is I got another weekend to wire up the LED's and new turn signals look for my stock bars and polish the chrome again. It sucks I can't ride for yet another week, but I guess I am still pretty lucky that the big man upstairs gave me something to be typing my frustration about. Well guys and gals thanks for reading my rant. Hopefully this time next week I will have a title that reads "check out the new pics of the scoot" Have a good weekend everyone. Keep the rubber on the road. I will keep the rubber on the garage floor.

sorry about your luck bro but theres plenty of time to ride so take advantage of the down time and do any mods you planned on and can afford right now so shes all ready next week.you'll be on the road in no tiime....Ive been waiting 2 weeks for a front fender to comoe in,while i take her out for a quick run I wont go on any long runs without that fender.

i feel your pain bro...my bike's been in NY gettn painted...still waitin for clear, and my SECOND exhaust is on the way (cuz Yoshimura sent me a BENT header) and I just found out I stripped threads on one side of my oil cooler
all_coholic.gif
time to cut some new threads, then sit on my thumbs til my plastics/new pipe get here....
i bet you'll be staring at that mailbox all day like me now....
SHOCKED.gif

Good to hear you found the bright side. Hang in there and hang your head out the window on the way home.
beerchug.gif

Maybe it will give you time to work out the bar situation.

Back