Sooo...Trying to decide on a weedeater...

I finally broke down and purchased a good weed wacker last year. did a lot of research. found the perfect tool for me. It is a redmax 26cc straight solid shaft delight. I believe that I paid a hair over 200 for it. The thing is a small 2 stroke, but man it has some power. the solid shaft will run all sorts of attachments and not break like many of the units with the cable shaft. If I remember right the thing is only 10.8 lbs. it is super light and very comfortable for several hours of use. It has started up every time i have pulled it out of the shed. One thing to remember with these tools is to make sure that you run the carb out of fuel before you store it for any length of time such as over winter.

The city of wichita and the city of andover use this model. They use them 8 hours a day 6 days a week.

stihl makes a great product too. I did read some bad reviews about stihls 4mix units though. Honda supposedly makes a good 4 stroke unit, but i believe it is heavy and pricey.

good luck

So I have had a husquavarna (ms) for 4-5 years now and it works great (2 cycle). I also have the stihl kmobi series 110 that allows you to use different attachments. The kombi line is nice for that feature and have full steel shafts for the long haul. The down side is that they are heavier. Like someone else said their "4stroke" is really a 2 stroke "kind of". I also have a lawn business so each get used. IMO you want a decent one to last, but u also want a light machine to use. The Kombi is heavy (when compared to some) . Stihl makes a 100 series that has a great motor and is light, that would be my pick unless you are persistent on wanting different attachments. I have the swivel hedger and curved edger for mine, and both are wonderful! U cant go wrong with stihl!

Just get a stihl, in my eyes are the others are throw aways. I went through 4 before i caved and let the guys at work talk me into stihl. I could have purchased 2 for what I had tied up in the others. Now I am phasing out all of my lawn equipment with stihl products. My hedge trimmers died this weekend. To Ace I go...

the one on right looks like the better unit... :laugh:

imagesCAL07EZB.jpg

Back