Something interesting about bt014

IG.

Registered
I decided to try those, and while researching them it turns out that for the same tire sizes there are small differences in actual sizes and tread depths depending on specific factory code.

Of all the places I checked, only mawonline.com actually showed different variations of the same size with the factory code in parenthesis.

For example, the 120/70ZR17 front you can choose one with 4/32" tread depth, or 5/32". Naturally, the second one is a bit pricier, but you make a concious decision.

In another example, you can get 190/50ZR17 rear in 6/32" tread depth, or 7/32". I sure as heck want to get the latter one.

Here is the link to BT014 page.

Looked like the one was the OEM version for one of the bikes listed. Anyone ever mixed a Bt014 rear with the stock Bt56 front? My rear is about down to the wear bars at 2600 miles.

Looked like the one was the OEM version for one of the bikes listed. Anyone ever mixed a Bt014 rear with the stock Bt56 front? My rear is about down to the wear bars at 2600 miles.
I did...but caught a nail in the new 014 rear a few weeks later...worked out fine but...I don't recommend it simply because I absolutely loath Bridgestones...oh there's nothing wrong with their rear tires but...they can't make a front tire that doesn't cup out and or feather out in 1,500 miles or less to save their bridgestone azz...as all of their front tires do it....amazingly quick as well...and if ya ride hard?...in less than 1,000 miles you'll feel a rumble in the front like your running a freaking knobby tire...bridgestone sux....but that jmho and L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

I decided to try those, and while researching them it turns out that for the same tire sizes there are small differences in actual sizes and tread depths depending on specific factory code.

Of all the places I checked, only mawonline.com actually showed different variations of the same size with the factory code in parenthesis.

For example, the 120/70ZR17 front you can choose one with 4/32" tread depth, or 5/32". Naturally, the second one is a bit pricier, but you make a concious decision.

In another example, you can get 190/50ZR17 rear in 6/32" tread depth, or 7/32". I sure as heck want to get the latter one.

Here is the link to BT014 page.
thats good research there...(never even think that far...)

Back