Someone call the Medics

MoosesBusa

Former BusaHolic
Donating Member
Registered
Took the Busa out last night and finally "stretched her legs" on the way to Bradenton Motorsports park. (1/4 mile dragstrip) I found out first hand that she is a long legged SWEETHEART! I got to 160 ( pretty damned fast I might add) and she was still Pulling HARD! Hard enough that I was laying on the tank in the wind tunnel and was being pushed back against the hump hard. I had to get out of it because of oncoming traffic. I never dreamed a bike could have this much power! That's it...I'm officially addicted! Call the medics and tell them to pronounce my case Terminal!
drinka.gif

Nah, I had fun watching my buddies run their scoots and sat on the sidelines (for now). I want to be a little more comfortable with her before I release her full potential. Call me scared call me a sissy or whatever you'd like. In my mind I think it's smart. I have done a LOT of stupid schtuff in my 36 years and am not looking to add to the list!
There was a red/blk '05 there with 60 miles on it. he ran a 10.20 the first pass and a 9.80 the second but I lost track of him after that. I think he got it down to the 9.5's but am not 100% positive. I have a buddy with an 03 Busa that ran 9.47 straight motor no mods other than clutch.
I've raced my Softail quite a few times but it has a cable clutch and acts completely different (ran 12's if you're curious). Once i figure out how to roll out in 1st gear without bringin that tire up I'll be ready for the track.
Was planning on going for a midnight ride tonite but it's raining now so I guess I'll have to wait for tomorrow
sad.gif

When I do take her down the track I'll be sure to post pics and times

Back