Busa totaled. New kid in town BMW S1000rr

Dookoo

Registered
It's been hard to turn my back on this forum even though I now purchased a 2014 BMW S1000rr in Motorsport colors (white blue red). Learning the electronics (ABS, DTC traction control and rider modes (rain sport race slick) took a bit of practice. The built in heated grips is nice. The biggest smile on my face was using the factory quick shifter. Look Ma, no clutch!

I cannot ride because my right leg is still broken. However, I am fortunate to live in the country and I take it out for short ten minute loops. I must look a little odd with my right leg sticking straight out.

:thumbsup:

Those are very cool bikes. If you're getting to ride at all your ahead of me. It was 0 here yesterday. I did manage a short loop Sunday when it was 53 though. Just praying for warmer weather. :please:

Here is the new ride with my 13 year old son and my new leathers.
D658010C-6719-4393-9B04-E7C0AD4BBB59.jpg

California has seen record high temps in previous weeks and a drought period is imminent. We can ride for sure but unless we get some precipitation, it will be like the 1990's when we weren't even allowed to water our lawns and gardens.

So far I've wired the exhaust valve full open (disabled EPA sound regs), Yoshimura tail tidy, TechSpec tank pads, titanium rear spools and installed the factory plug to allow Slick tire settings for the ABS and traction control.

I took one for a short test ride, scary fast. but uncomfortable as hell.

Totally agree. The Busa is plush, fast and stable. You really feel the road with the S1k. Great for feedback but also makes for a bit of the jitters. I've already backed off the high speed compression but to be honest, the suspension needs more break in time. Where the Busa just feels like home, the cockpit of the Bimmer is all business. There is no doubt that I loved my Busa for all day rides.

Check out S1000RRforum.com

lots of great info.

Congrats on the purchase.

How big is your 13 year old son?? 2 be honest it looks like he fits on that bike perfectly and I'm not sure that bodes well 4 most riders unless your kid is really BIG 4 his age :laugh:

Yes, I'm now a member of the S1000rr forum. My son is 5'-10" and I'm 5'-09". All my kids, including my daughter passed me up at age 12:thumbsup:

Back