Somebody SAVE me...

LadyHawk

w00t!!
Donating Member
Registered
I've been kidnapped by the Harley Davidson crowd!

There was a small meet down at Lake Okeechobee this last Saturday.
We left the house at 5:15am… met with one guy in Bradenton at 7am.. Got to the meet spot (Pogey's) near Lake O at 9:30. Had some breakfast.
Met up with about 13 bikes. We ended up circling the lake, with a few stops at some Tiki Bars…left the last one at 4pm.
Got back to Bradenton at 7PM. I made Gjoker stop and buy me some dinner… then we finally got home around 9pm.

465 miles, in 15 hours.

Gjoker got his first oil leak
laugh.gif

His oil cooler hose was loose and he was dripping a bit. One of the other guys helped him tighten it back up.
But I got a pic of it…
laugh.gif

All the guys were actually quite nice. They always had positive comments about my busa, and at one stop we had a bit of an exhaust noise war. After we left, there was a nice stretch of open road, although a little rough, that I let loose on and showed them exactly how loud that exhaust could get.
laugh.gif
I was in the back of the pack trying to take pics… I put the camera away, dropped it down a gear, pulled into the other lane and hit the throttle. Blasted by them in the triple digits…ran up a few miles, then pulled over to wait. One guy said I scared the crap out of him. I think I saw Gjoker flip me off
laugh.gif

On our way back to Bradenton there was a sport bike pulled over on the side of the highway.. We pulled over, some young kid, he said it died as he was riding. Gjoker tried push starting it, no go. Then he asked the guy if he had gas in it.. He checked, then flipped it to reserve. But the battery was too dead to start it. A guy in a truck stopped and he had jumper cables..good thing I had my tool pouch with me, as the kid didn't. He got his seat off, jumped the battery, and it started right up. We are thinking he ran it out of gas, then killed the battery trying to start it before we got there.
But it was our good deed for the day. And he was much releived that someone stopped to help.

I finally burned up my Battleaxes… and plan on getting some Pilot 2CTs.

All in all, it was a good day.

oh_no.jpg

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Sounds like a fun day!
beerchug.gif
Good on y'all for helping the kid out. Reminds me to put the tool pouch back in my bike!

Sounds like you had a lot of fun... and the pic's look like the weather was perfect! Remind me to schedule my next break down near someone like you guys. It never happens that way, way to represent.

Nice day all around and beautiful picture... Gotta agree - that tool pouch comes in handy (unless your spouse switches allen wrenches on you - like mine did yesterday)...

laugh.gif
Welcome to the jungle!!!

Glad you had fun, and that you guys did the good deed for the day by helping that kid...I won't needle GJoker about the oil leak; my Busa is still sitting still waiting for a new filter and oil, then a new rear tire...I will not poke fun at Harleys. I will not poke fun at Harleys
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

It was a good day... very long and very hot, but loads of fun! Apparently the hose clamps that hold my oil cooler lines in
place were not very tight~ They had started blowing oil all over my primary cover~ After breakfast someone notice
the spot under my bike and before I knew it, one of the guys I had just met was on his back attacking my problem!
After tightening the hose clamps, everything was fine once again~ Although I was very proud to have my first oil leak
on my Hardley~  
firedevil.gif

Big_Lake_Ride_9.JPG

This is me, 'helping' the guy I had just met fix my leak... good people!
super.gif

Big_Lake_Ride_8.JPG

Sounds like it was a good time, whish more Harley riders were like the ones you rode with.
super.gif

(Cerberus @ Aug. 06 2007,11:39) Sounds like it was a good time, whish more Harley riders were like the ones you rode with.  
super.gif
Most of them were quite knowledgable about the Busa. The toughest looking one said he always wanted a Busa stretched and slammed.

There was one guy that I got into an argument with when he said the Busa couldn't corner. I tried to teach him differently, but I think he has issues taking lessons from a GIRL.
rolleyes_extreme.gif

laugh.gif
 A lot of guys seems to not want to hear stuff about bikes from a girl  
tounge.gif

I told Mike that if he goes with us on the run to Deals Gap next spring, he'll have one more Harley rider to hang with...not that he'd hang with the likes of anyone here
laugh.gif
but I keep trying...

I've had fun riding with the Harley gang, for all of my whining...I think at the end of the day, they have just a tad more appreciation for just riding with good people and if anything, you show them that sport bikers are nice folks too (folks?  Did I wake up 65 years old today?)  LOL

laugh.gif

(VaBusa @ Aug. 06 2007,12:02) they have just a tad more appreciation for just riding with good people and if anything, you show them that sport bikers are nice folks too
I noticed they had an appreciation for Beer.
all_coholic.gif

After the 3rd Tiki Hut stop, I was glad we were splitting ways.

(LadyHawk @ Aug. 06 2007,12:43)
(VaBusa @ Aug. 06 2007,12:02) they have just a tad more appreciation for just riding with good people and if anything, you show them that sport bikers are nice folks too
I noticed they had an appreciation for Beer.  
all_coholic.gif

After the 3rd Tiki Hut stop, I was glad we were splitting ways.
Yeah, what's up with that? LOL Even my father who I rarely see take a drink will order a beer when we stop for lunch along a ride route...it's some sort of right of passage I guess; not one I care to be a part of...

Just nuts...

nice... whats up w/ the elbow? You *ARE* bringing that thing to the bash right
beerchug.gif

Back