Another worthless LEO

as soon as the word "warning" came out, should have shut up.....

quoting 'laws' to a guy whos job it is to "interpret" them sounds like you are trying to start a battle... arguing with the guy that has the ticket book does no good IME... best to save it for court if you think you are right..

FWI.. Indiana I think only allows 1 vehicle to occupy a lane at a time (2 abreast is not legal here either unless both "drivers" consent and then it is ok.)

as soon as the word "warning" came out, should have shut up.....    

quoting 'laws' to a guy whos job it is to "interpret" them sounds like you are trying to start a battle... arguing  with the guy that has the ticket book does no good IME... best to save it for court if you think you are right..

FWI.. Indiana  I think only allows 1 vehicle to occupy a lane at a time (2 abreast is not legal here either unless both "drivers" consent and then it is ok.)
Actually, A LEO's job is to "enforce" the law. It is up to the Judicial System to do the interpreting part. Just had to jump in Randy...hehehe...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Oh and I do agree with your "interpretation" of the word "warning" and the subsequent action that should be taken upon hearing such.

laugh.gif

OK, let me start by saying thank you to all those that have responded to this post. I appreciate the honesty and compassion. I may not agree with everyones opinion, but thank you for sharing.
Now, I did call the Illinos State patrol and the Lake County Sheriffs office this morning. They both stated that in the state of Illinois it is LEGAL to ride 2 abreast. Now that is not how we ride going down the rode, But when we come to a traffic control device we pair up and proceed through the intersection that way and then spread out to a stager after we clear the intersection.
I was being very respectable to the officer, just wanted clarification. I also was only trying to help the next guy behind me form being pulled over for an invalid reason. He had been sitting there all afternoon pulling over bikes. Yes only bikes. Now I know how it feels to have to work over a holiday weekend while everyone else is out having fun doing there thing. But that is not a reason to profile, harrass or mess with others.

Again thank you for all of the comments good and bad. we are the best country because we are able to disagree freely and not be butchered, slaughtered or persicuted for it.
Have a good and safe week. Ride safe.

lousy bike riders out here having fun while I have to work for "double" overtime ....
rofl.gif
note to self, never argue with the guy who has a gun....

Back