Some Pix from our road trip to Barber

Well, starting to plan for next season.

Booked a room (cabin) for the Spring Bash but making that will be contingent on the Atlanta track day weekend - if there even is one. I'll book into a Barber date in March, Atlanta in April, back to Barber in May and FOR SURE a Barber date again in October and that will do it for 2010.

Probably going to switch from 'track / street' tires to a full blown track type tire. Not sure of the brand but there are only like 5 suppliers for Bstone slicks that I could find and they are all more expensive than Michelin Pilot slicks that STG has at very reasonable prices - I could have scored a set of them for $250 at the track last weekend!

The Bridgestone BT003RS tires that I ran this time were interesting, very, very gummy and sticky after each session but they slid a little before they heated up and I could feel the 'gumminess' in them after they were hot - and they turned in slower than Michelins of comparable ilk. I think they are good tires for sporty street and medium paced track outings but honestly, I never fully trusted them and I doubt (but cant say for sure) that they will last very long on the street.
On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being highest.... I'd give the BT003RSs about an 8.
*My buddy who low sided and tore up his Gixxer...... partially blames the tires for the incident* not sure I agree but hey, he was running them too and has the right to his own eval I suppose....

For the Busa, he will be refitted with Michelins before the next sessions he runs, I dont think I'd like the Stones on him - If a 370lb Ducati had'em sliding around a little I only imagine what a 550lb Busa would do...

For the Duc....tire warmers, slicks (or DOT race) and some TECHNIQUE enhancements and I hope to get into the top 6 or so (out of 45 riders) in Intermediate at some point in 2010, I dont care to be any faster than that..... not in 2010 anyway:beerchug:

I need to stop smoking dammit and get into better shape too...... I ran about as hard as I could push in each session I ran and by the middle of day 2 DADDY WAS HURTING! Lot to do!

*Thats my post track day wrap up yall*

Last edited:
Back