Some Pix from our road trip to Barber

Nice pics....I'm sorry I missed Sunday but the wife coming home to a dirty house could have cost me all next season. :rulez: Its so nice being able to put a face to all the names out there. Here's to all of us riding again some time soon.:beerchug:

You enjoyed putting the red beotch back there didn't you :rofl:

Is Kevin alright ?

We had to put the Duc in the back of the truck; Busa would not work since I did not bring its special wheel chock (fender hits truck bed....) and Kev's Gixx was missing a mounting spot (handle bar for canyon dancer). It rode ok...

Kevin is here at the office with no issues and if he has a bruised ego, you sure cant see it! He did mention that a low side is better than a tank slapper (he had one of those a couple of track days ago) if ya ever get the choice. Hopefully he'll get the bike healed up but I am hearing something about 'race plastic'.....

Don's son Chris did some lap timing for me when I was on the Busa and I turned pretty consistent 1:55 ish laps - not fast but bringing that big beast down from 120 to cornering speed is a WHOLE lot harder than going from cornering speed to 120!

Fun to finally ride that dam*ed Ducati at the track too, never timed the laps on it but it stops and goes REALLY well once the transmission cooperates and it was a trip to ride one session on Mr. Busa and half hour later run a session on the Duc! I estimate that out of 45 riders in 'I' I was probably 10th fastest of the group, not too bad...

In closing, let me say that of all the adversity and exhilaration, seeing Don's fam (Sherry and Chirs) was easily the biggest treat - Don always came to the track with us so that I was sure to have someone telling me how slow I was and having Sherry there in his stead was absolutely wonderful!

1:55-ish huh...I never could get under two minutes, and 5 seconds is a LOT of time out on that track! My best was 2:00:22; I think I could have broke two minutes if not for traffic. I wish I'd put my lap timer on my Busa to see what my time was on the Beast! Being in that different class meant I didn't get to hang out with you guys much, but really appreciated the company/companionship nonetheless! Let's do it again sometime!

Any of you sore today?

Nice pics....I'm sorry I missed Sunday but the wife coming home to a dirty house could have cost me all next season. :rulez: Its so nice being able to put a face to all the names out there. Here's to all of us riding again some time soon.:beerchug:

It was great getting to meet you. One day on the track is better than no days on the track :thumbsup:

Yup, I'm a bit sore today....hip flexors kind of tight as well as the quads....and the lower back. I slept better saturday night than any night I can remember. Now...on to the important stuff....what to buy next? I can't have that money just sitting around in investments when it could be on the busa instead :)

I don't even want to know what my best lap time was. I can't imagine it was under 2:20.

You are in luck (sorta): My camera was full by the time we got to the session I thought I was filming you in....so no video...send money to:....:poke:

Yup, I'm a bit sore today....hip flexors kind of tight as well as the quads....and the lower back. I slept better saturday night than any night I can remember. Now...on to the important stuff....what to buy next? I can't have that money just sitting around in investments when it could be on the busa instead :)

I recommend exhaust....lightens the bike and cleans it up nicely.

1:55-ish huh...I never could get under two minutes, and 5 seconds is a LOT of time out on that track! My best was 2:00:22; I think I could have broke two minutes if not for traffic. I wish I'd put my lap timer on my Busa to see what my time was on the Beast! Being in that different class meant I didn't get to hang out with you guys much, but really appreciated the company/companionship nonetheless! Let's do it again sometime!

Any of you sore today?

Chris, Don's youngest boy, timed me with some little gizmo he brought and the times were like 1:55, 1:57, 1:56..... Not consistent but I have to say, this was really my first track day!
I have been many times, but this one counted, this one I started to 'get it'. I really, really wish I could go hit it again this weekend and memorize braking points now that gear shifting is no longer an issue........:banghead:

Sore?... a little bit.
I was hitting the workout routine a little harder in front of this trip and I think it helped some but my thigh muscles are pretty sore and I have some golf ball sized mystery bruises on the inside of each forearm...... Go figure....

Last edited:
... and I have some golf ball sized mystery bruises on the inside of each forearm...... Go figure....

Those are from where you were hugging the living shait out of your tank when you were hanging around those curves!!

I loaded some video late last night, but Youtube didn't like me using background music and deleted the sound, so I've got to go back and do it again tonight...:banghead:

:thumbsup: Looks like it was a great time. thanks for the pics.

Waiting for Dviant Images pics to come up!

Yea, I checked today. Nothing.

That guy pretty much sux as a track photographer anyway. Last outing he shot nearly every pic from two turns..... That track has what....? 17 corners?

I emailed him with my thoughts:poke:

When he was inside of turn 2, he took shots on the lap as we exited the pits, and the first full lap. The rest of the session he was leaning up against the guard rail with his back to the track.

Back