Just got back from the 1st road trip on the new bike

MONSTRBUSA

Registered
Decided late Friday night that me and the wifey wanted to do a over night road trip on the new bike. We left Clarksville, TN and road down to Chatanooga for the night. Round trip was just under 500 miles. We both were very pleased at how the bike did and how comfortable it is compared to our old GSXR1000. It was a relief to be able to walk when we finally got there instead of being locked up and sore.

My only want for the bike before the next trip is a throttle lock or cruise. My writst gets to hurting and my hand ends up going to sleep.

Man I love this bike!!!!!

sounds like a great time spent together :beerchug: cruise makes all the difference on long rides!!

How well do the throttle locks work? The comfort of this bike versus the old bike really made the trip alot more fun.

How well do the throttle locks work? The comfort of this bike versus the old bike really made the trip alot more fun.

i've got a Throttlemeister on mine also, didn't put the cruise on until last year...they work much better than nothing at all since they give you plenty of opportunities to rest your wrist and shake out your hand...i just got tired of having to adjust it for going up and down hills when i was on the slab for 800-1000+ miles/day :beerchug:

i had a throttle lock on my cbr1000 in the past. it worked great and helped alot. certainly it does not work like the electronic cruise on my nomad, however it allows a rider to either take hand off or take most weight off for those short periods to greatly increase comfort.

soundslike you had a nice outing!

i've got a Throttlemeister on mine also, didn't put the cruise on until last year...they work much better than nothing at all since they give you plenty of opportunities to rest your wrist and shake out your hand...i just got tired of having to adjust it for going up and down hills when i was on the slab for 800-1000+ miles/day :beerchug:

Wanna sell your old Throttlemeister?

i was planning on doing that to recoup some of the cost of the cruise but it turns out i still use it too much :laugh: it's a lot easier to use it for a quick second to catch a break in the twisties or when cruising at slow speeds through town...it's also easier to manipulate when i'm using both hands to take pics of fellow riders while on the road :beerchug:

2 up on a 1k? No kidding that would hurt after about 20 minutes... Glad you had a good trip!

2 up on the old bike was a killer. My legs would kill me after 100 miles and my wife was hating it from the start.

I've got some soft bags coming and a throttle lock so the next trip should be even better.

2 up on the old bike was a killer. My legs would kill me after 100 miles and my wife was hating it from the start.

I've got some soft bags coming and a throttle lock so the next trip should be even better.

More gear means longer trip. Now you got to go 500 miles each way and stay two days :whistle: Glad you had a good time.

i swear by the "buell pegs" for added leg room. maybe something to consider if you are over 6'.here is a shot of them mounted. 500 miles is a good rip. :beerchug:

20090926_68.jpg

:thumbsup:Nice trip, did you ride at night? I'm still begging my wife to go for a trip with me and the busa, she has yet to even go around the block with me~! I just bought the 'cramp buster' - a little plastic loop and paddle that sits on the throttle. you can turn it around in one direction to move it out of the way but when you need it you simply put it in a good position and let your palm rest against it keeping the throttle open with very little effort. Seems to be doing the trick as far as releaving the grip pain/numbness on long rides - hey how about some pix of the two of you by the bike

Back