some new goodies

motoman

Registered
Got a few mods.Muzzys ti bolt ons,tank bra,bluegauges mod,zg db windscreen,cut fender,no stickers,no reflectors,shortened back blinkers.Thats all i can do for now.

my_bike_005.jpg

Got a few mods.Muzzys ti bolt ons,tank bra,bluegauges mod,zg db windscreen,cut fender,no stickers,no reflectors,shortened back blinkers.Thats all i can do for now.
That is a great piece of work and the bike looks great. But can I share a little something with you?
rock.gif
This mod that I have done probably makes me the proudest. I was never a fan of the fat ass rear signal lights, so I got rid of them...period. When I cut my rear fender is when I did this mod. I bought me a pair of short stalk signals from Lockhart Phillips for about $16. I chose the carbon fiber ones with the clear lens. Once I removed the red reflectors, I just used a 3/8" drill bit (at least I think it was 3/8ths) and proceeded to drill through the hole that was already there, and widening it. Then I mounted the short stalk signals on the brackets that once held the red reflectors. Three of my riding buddies have Busas and they love what I have done with mine. The pic below will give you an idea of what I'm talkin' 'bout.

The lights work great and are very bright. And the wiring just replaces the old wiring. I just drilled a tiny hole in the rear of the trunk area and ran the wires through there to make the connection. I love this mod I guess because it was my own creation. It's something about creativity and making it become a reality that just does the soul good.
biggrin.gif
If you, or anyone for that matter, has any questions about doing it, just PM me. Just from what I've described in the previous post, it should be quite simple. There's no rocket science involved...I promise.
wink.gif

Brian

Brian

Thanx guys. What makes it so nice is that it's an inexpensive mod and there are plenty of different lights you could use. Just depends on what you prefer. I'm really starting to like Carbon Fiber though.

Brian

Hey motoman bike is looking good. How is the sound on those muzzy boltons

BaCharles and Motoman..... here's what I did on mine last summer...  same thing just different shape to the signals and they point straight down at the road ...  I bolted them through the reflector mount location as well!

<!--EDIT|boosz
Reason for Edit: None given...|1076994046 -->

I have to appologize for the DIRT..... I went riding on the last nice day for it Jan 3... and it was wet here... it was REALLY cold that night when I got home....below freezing and I haven't been able to wash it since! Was -15 today... But here's another closer up!

That's TOO FUNNY!!! I'm going so fast the world looks like it's going backwards!!!
Must be because I ride the FASTEST color..... BLACK!!!!
biggrin.gif

BaCharles and Motoman..... here's what I did on mine last summer...  same thing just different shape to the signals and they point straight down at the road ...  I bolted them through the reflector mount location as well!
Great job man. I guess great minds do think alike huh?
rock.gif
umnik.gif

Back