Video guru's- which windscreen is best?

Shibumi

Donating Member
Registered
I currently have a Puig DB windscreen that has good visibility, but still slight distortion.

I just bought a new digital camcorder with Christmas money, and have a tank mount for it so I plan to do video through the windscreen. Does anyone make an optically perfect windscreen, NO ripples/distortion at all? Surely there is a manufacturer who supplies AMA or MotoGP teams for riders who demand the best...

whatever you use , will effect the recording quality ...

I like the powerbronze best. It has smooth curves instead of edges. Very little distortion. I've stopped using the tank mount and have bullet cameras mounted where they don't get any of the bike in the frame.

I like the powerbronze best. It has smooth curves instead of edges. Very little distortion. I've stopped using the tank mount and have bullet cameras mounted where they don't get any of the bike in the frame.
I'm thinking about that- I got one of these and they have a bullet cam for it for about $115 on eBay, that would give me 30 gb to store video on for a ride!!

Dennis, do you use anything to cover the cam lense? I'm thinking of a june bug at 80 MPH slamming into it, not good...
puke.gif

top_605wifi.jpg

Shibumi, what camcorder do you have? If its not a tape I wouldn't recommend it. The Hard Disk recorders will skip and ruin the hard disk, the DVD just plain dont work. A mini-DV is the optimal, or a flash drive style. No electronic stabilization, or the ability to turn it off is preferred.
I've shot thru the Puig, but the black bottom required the camera to be angled to high to avoid a black bottom of the video. ZG and Puig clarity was about the same distortion wise. I've been using Power Bronze, one because I sell them, but also cause it give slightly less distortion while tank mounted.

Good luck.

Back