Some happy family news for me

NickSully

Donating Member
Registered
I'm not really sure where to begin with this so here goes:

I wasn't very close to my brother up until this year so my details about the beginning are incomplete. About four years ago my younger brother bought a new Honda Magnum 750 for his first bike. Before this he never showed any interest in riding motorcycles like Mom and I did. My mom's been riding for about 5 years now but been a passenger for many more years and I started off young riding dirt bikes and then moved into different motorcycles over the years.

Well my brother decided to use this motorcycle as a daily rider after his car broke down and he couldn't afford to fix it. About 3 years ago he low sided after a car turned left in front of him. He was okay but the bike was damaged pretty good. Luckily he had insurance and got the bike fixed. Shortly after that he got transferred to Las Vegas.

This is where my details really go down hill but all I know for sure is he road the bike for the first 6 months he was out here before buying a car. After he got the car the bike basically sat in the garage expect for the occasional ride every few months.

So lets fast forward to when I move here at the beginning of this year and got the Hayabusa. My brother shows interest in riding again so we go on a few different short trips back in April and on the 3rd or 4th one I notice his license plate is missing. I ask him about this only to find out that he never registered the bike here and even worse he never actually got a motorcycle license. He gave me a bunch of reasons as to why he didn't have one but still no acceptable excuse in my book.

Well as a good older brother should: I told mom on him.

Our mom was under the impression that he got his motorcycle license back in Florida also and had no idea that he wasn't legal. So we started excluding him from our motorcycle rides and told him until he got legal that he wouldn't be able to ride with us any longer. Since I live with him and his wife currently I pretty much stayed on him every couple of weeks to go at least get his permit and register the bike here.

Today, he did just that. He passed his permit test and is now currently talking with the DMV to see what he has to do to get his bike registered here. The next step is going to get him to take the MSF course but at least we can start to ride again. I also told mom that he got his permit so he can now be included in our Thanksgiving ride we are planing. :cheerleader:

Sorry about all the rambling but I had to tell someone. :thumbsup:

Back