Some hail tonight

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
We had ridiculous rain this afternoon, about 4 inches in a few hours then tonight we had a storm come up QUICK that brought us some very large hail...... Have I told you how much I love Oklahoma :)

K20_25052.JPG

20210428_132142.jpg

20210428_132416.jpg

Yikes, hope your vehicles are in a garage for that one!
Funny you should mention that, years ago my family and I were out on a bicycle ride. I noted the very black clouds coming and suggested we beat a hasty retreat home. We rode our bicycles right into the garage and as we were getting off our bikes I heard a few "thumps" on the roof...then we saw the golf ball sized hail come down in a torrent and beat the ever loving crap out of my black F150....

There was just no way I could have to the truck and got it into the garage without great personal harm. The hail beat that truck bad but oddly enough didn't break any windows although it broke the window vent guards...

It was a good thing we went home right away, I shudder to think of us getting caught out there...

Cars all have hail damage, the roof will have to be replaced and even the siding on the house has holes punched through. The winds (approx 80mph) blew the hail sideways, many homes have windows busted out from the hail going horizontal.

Crazy mess!

Cars all have hail damage, the roof will have to be replaced and even the siding on the house has holes punched through. The winds (approx 80mph) blew the hail sideways, many homes have windows busted out from the hail going horizontal.

Crazy mess!

Yikes, if it isn't tornadoes it's killer hail. Oklahoma sounds fun these days. Used to work in Miami Ok. a lot years ago , but never saw this.

Back