You ever been to that breaking point emotionally?

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
How many have ever been to that point where you just wonder how much you can really take? Things just out of the blue go wrong, the car needs to be fixed, the kids get sick, work is wanting more hours, better answers and the little things just don't stop?

It's been a pretty tough 6 months a work with a lot of projects I have been working on (that I don't feel qualified for). It's just always busy go go go church, school, athletics, family time, home projects.. everything.

We had some storms come in today, I came home and the siding on my house has holes that were beat into it by hail this afternoon. Apparently the winds were blowing about 70mph with half inch hail beating the house... I get out to look at the damage and after just a few seconds I hear.... tink tink tink and look behind me and see more hail coming down the street. I get under the porch and the same thing happens again, 1/2 hail beats the house and the winds are ferocious. I go check it out and man it really looks bad now, Satellite dish is busted, garage door has thousands of dents, the siding is hanging off. I go into the house and pull up my home owners insurance only to realize I don't have enough damage to really file a claim because if I do they will raise my premiums, is it worth it I ask myself... About that time tink tink tink here it comes again.. So in the course of about 5 hours three different hail storms and winds for all three episodes were at least 50 mph.. There isn't a leaf in a tree and my house looks like crap. Now I have to fix the damage soon because winter is here and thats all I need is the exposed wood to get water damage..... According to radar there is more coming tonight!!!

I am almost at my breaking point... Rick I need a night out with you and Steve to have a few laughs.....

CAp

Dang Doug, I'm so sorry to hear! :( We've had some high winds, thunder, lightning, and rain here, but no hail.

If you need to get away, c'mon up to KC :p

1996 was like that for me. The whole year right up until Christmas. I won't go into detail but it was awful both financially and mentally. I lost a tremendous amount of weight and smoked like a chimney.

The biggest factor was my best friend David who pulled me through it all.

RIP David.

r8

Hang in there cappy, I know your a man of faith and its always been said that the lord will not give you more than you can handle.:thumbsup:

I remember hearing about storms moving your way. Guess they did.

Well, as long as Family is safe it's all good.

r8

Hang in there CAP !!!!!!!!! Take that Little BLUE Pill and Show Mrs.Cap a Good Time Tonight :super:

I Promise you will FEEL Better and SLEEP Like a ROCK :thumbsup:

Dang Doug.

Wish there was something I could say to make it better. but you got some tough times.

I sort of know how you feel. Been kind of going through a similar thing financially. well it has been awhile now, just when we think we are getting ahead of the game something happens, car breaks, sons car breaks, tags for 2 of the cars are due at the same time.

A few weeks ago I was at work and out of the blue the wind started blowing real hard, I had a bad feeling.

when I got home sure enough my car canopy had ripped because of the wind.

Last week when it rained I was about to go to bed at 11:0opm, I was looking through one of my security cameras and saw the pole in the back of the boat to keep the boat cover up to keep it from filling with water had fell down and I had about 20 gallons of water in the cover stretching it about ready to rip, had to get dressed and go outside in the rain to syphon out all the water so I could get the pole back up.

I got some other stuff going on at work also, so I kind of know how you feel, but I dont think I have anything going on as bad as you currently have going. hail damaging your house, satellite dish, etc. that sucks.

take a few deeps breaths and hang in there...

Hang in there. Dosen't most siding have a 20 or 30 year warranty?

It is vinyl siding but nothing is going to make it against 70mph 1/2 hail stones...... We built this house right at 5 years ago so it's all new..

The American Dream has disappeared. What you are talking about Captain is the new current reality of middle class American. If it feels like life has gotten hard, you are in touch with reality. Life in America has gotten hard for a huge number of people.
It's time now for a sea change in this country.

You'd be surprised how many people are going through the same thing but are embarrassed to talk about it because they think their circumstances somehow mean that they have failed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to Doug, if you want, hop on a plane and come up to New England, Me and Grumpy, will give you a couple of nites out!

The American Dream has disappeared. What you are talking about Captain is the new current reality of middle class American. If it feels like life has gotten hard, you are in touch with reality. Life in America has gotten hard for a huge number of people.
It's time now for a sea change in this country.

You'd be surprised how many people are going through the same thing but are embarrassed to talk about it because they think their circumstances somehow mean that they have failed.

Your wrong! Nothing that the government is going to do is going to stop the wind or hail from hitting my house. Obama isn't going to change the days that 9th grade basketball is going to play. I never said it was a money issue it is a time and effort thing... You see that is the difference, I'm not looking for the government to help me with anything.... Life is occuring.....

Your wrong! Nothing that the government is going to do is going to stop the wind or hail from hitting my house. Obama isn't going to change the days that 9th grade basketball is going to play. I never said it was a money issue it is a time and effort thing... You see that is the difference, I'm not looking for the government to help me with anything.... Life is occuring.....

This is REPUBLICAN Party People !!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Hmmm... I wasn't thinking about Obama... more like the economy and hurricanes and fires...

Ok, I'm wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.
:whistle:

I have critters at my house you can come over and shoot them. It will make you feel a lot better.:laugh:

take off next week, Wed Thu and Fri, come with me to the Dragon. That will really make you feel better.:thumbsup:

It is vinyl siding but nothing is going to make it against 70mph 1/2 hail stones...... We built this house right at 5 years ago so it's all new..

I would check into it. I know Alcoa (sp?) has a limited hail damage warranty. Or used to, my neighbor sided his house and we were talking about the warranty etc. Was years ago, but it had a lifetime warranty. May get something back on it.

When I get down about things all I have to do is think of all the good things I've got. Focus on the positive. Often I hate my job, then I think, why? Look at all the years it's paid the bills and the things it provided. More importantly I'd be in a world of hurt without it. I realize how petty things stack up and I turn them into problems bigger than they are.

Not saying your situation is petty, but I look at it like this; no matter how bad things are, they could be a hell of alot worse and I don't have to look very far to find people that are a hell of alot worse off than I am.

Cap what Pardini said is a lot of wisdom, i do the same thing when i get down, i try to think about what my blessings are (not that your not) but thats what i try to do and it seems to get me back to being content with my circumstances...one thing i always think about when i get down is i have never been hungry once in my whole life, or cold, or without family and friends...i have never been without God and i am very blessed, i just try to think of all the goodness i have been given in fact here is the main thing i think of

when i was young i was out playing in the yard and another kid accidently struck me in the head while he was swinging, it knocked me out cold and my folks took me to the hospital and i had an skull xray...turns out it was a good thing it all happened cause thats how they found the brain tumor that was going to kill me that know one knew i had including me...8hrs of surgery later, and a skull made paritally on one side of stainless steal to repair the removed bone and im ALIVE!...so who cares about holes in the siding, heck, i had holes in my head and they fixed that:rofl:

Last edited:
Cap--geez, I wish I was there to give you a hand. When things go wrong, I always think of those less fortunate than me, and then thank God. I know it doesn't fix the siding, so, since I'm on the other side of the country, I'll gladly throw in a few bucks for the "repair" fund. And the prayer's on me.

Last edited:
Back