Close Call Last night with Mother Nature!

ks-waterbug

Group Buy Guy
Donating Member
Registered
Brief tornado touchdowns reported west of Derby, near Mulvane and east of Clearwater

Three tornadoes have touched down briefly south of Wichita tonight, the National Weather Service reported.

No damage has been reported in connections with the tornadoes, meteorologist Vanessa Pearce said. A tornado touched down seven miles west of Derby at 6:28 p.m., another was reported six miles east of Clearwater at 6:34 p.m., and a third was confirmed a mile east of Mulvane at 6:52 p.m.

Hail stones as large as 4.5 inches in diameter have been reported in the metropolitan area, Pearce said, and hail and high winds have created damage.

KSN reported a hail stone 7 inches in diameter, Pearce said, but no location for the stone has been given.

Was less then 3 miles from our home but we still took damage from the hail/wind... Just glad we didn't get an up and close look of that twister.

Some pictures of the hail

hail.jpg

OMG those are some big hail stones! Glad the twisters missed ya! whew!

Yea ,I thought the same thing! Now those pictures are from the story I posted and not my own... The largest hail we saw in my neck of the woods was roughly up to golf ball size. The tornado/high winds was to darn close for comfort and that hail was a good 12 miles or more from my place. Gonna have to take off work some today to clear a tree that fell in my front yard.

Man alive... never knew they could get so big...thats scary looking....car and bike in garage NOW...Glad ya were spared the possible damage.. from those..

Those are huge ! Good gosh !
Either of those could and most likely would kill a person !
I bet one of those would go thru a roof on a home ?
Most def destroy a car or any vehicle for that matter.
Glad your ok !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll take death by earthquake any day over death by hail stones...those are enough to go through windshields...eeggaaddss!!

I grew up in Argonia, south of wichita and I can remember when the tornado hit andover. So glad to be away from tornado alley.

i will love him and pet him and stroke him and hug him and i will name him george...boy is it hot..... (bugs bunny line next) "wow i guess he was an abominable snowman" :laugh:

Back