Sold My Harley Today

I have had five HDs over the years. Had various sportbikes prior to the HD phase. Even had a HD in the garage with the Busa for a while. Everytime I walked out to decide which bike to take out, the HD just sat there looking all sad. Finally sold it. You will really enjoy the Busa just remember that you won't need near the throttle. Enjoy yourself and welcome to the crowd!

Thanks guys,

Keep the comments coming
laugh.gif

The buyer picked up the Harley today, and I got the check.
tounge.gif

I'm already getting stressed about the fact I have to deal with a salesman to buy a new bike.
I have a plan to offer the local Dealer 11,100 tops O.T.D. If they won't accept I can get the bike from Oklahoma and have it shipped to me for $600 and change.
Only down side I see is that I'll have to wait a week or two before I get the bike.

"I'm already getting stressed about the fact I have to deal with a salesman to buy a new bike.
I have a plan to offer the local Dealer 11,100 tops O.T.D. If they won't accept I can get the bike from Oklahoma and have it shipped to me for $600 and change.
Only down side I see is that I'll have to wait a week or two before I get the bike."

Quit sniveling and get the damned bike already!
laugh.gif

Seriously, just find one at a reasonable price and be done with it. You won't regret it.

Hello everyone,

This is my first post  
laugh.gif

I've been following your forums for a couple of months now and this is the best group of people, I feel very connected to the enthusiasm we share for motorcycling.

I finally sold my '04 Fatboy today, and I have plans to buy an '08 Hayabusa.

I have a few questions, I think you guys can steer me in the right direction;

Do the Suzuki dealers negotiate on price?
I see a few Suzuki dealers located in other states selling at a discount any downside to going out of state to get a bike?
Warranty work concerns me if I go to Oklahoma and I bring the bike back to Austin, is the local dealer obligated to honor warranty work?

Oh yeah, are White '08 Busa available in the USA?

Any and all comments welcome,

Thanks

Techbiker
Cool, noticed your in the Austin Area, I bought my new Busa at Woods fun Center in N. Austin off of Braker and 35. I was able to get my new Orange and Black Busa for $11,500 out the door (TTL included) about two weeks ago. It took a while to get them to go that low. I dealt with Jason Bush, you can see if he can get you the same deal, no promises. As I just got a call today from a dealership in San Antonio that I had e-mailed 3 weeks ago. I told him I had already bought one and he asked how much. I told him and he was like WOW, you got a good deal. If you talk to Jason, you can tell him Elliott Figueroa sent ya, and he might be able to do something for ya, no promises though. Good luck!

Welcome to the .oRg~~!!

Dealing on new bikes... sux
Selling nice Harley ... sux
Buying Hayabusa ... does not suck
smile.gif

came off a Heritage myself.... Sure a different world of riding..

Welcome to your next addiction. The Busa's are great bikes. If you have never been on one the seating position is definately different. But the smoothness of the ride is unbelievable and the comfort is there.

Most dealers will negotiate a little.

Be careful of the TAX thing if you buy from one state and register it in another.

What ever you do, buy one, you will not be disappointed.

A word to any California residents thinking of buying a bike out of state you cannot purchase an out of state vehicle and bring it here unless you are moving here from that state. If you purchase an out of state vehicle it must have 7500 miles on it before you can register it here! NO I know what you are thinking you cant buy it abnd bring it here and put the miles on it before
registering it. If you go the DMV with an out of state vehicle with under 7500 miles on it they red flag it and it can never be registered in California.
there are other hoops you must jump through also! it will have to be inspected by the highway patrol which can take months for your appt and you have to have a certified brake and light inspection station certify that the lights and brakes function as designed! sounds simple doesnt it? there are no approved ligth and brake inspection stations in the state! you dont want to know how i learned this.
I know its crazy but buyers have been stuck with bikes they couldnt register here. so buyer beware. its just another crazy anomile in the state of fruits and nuts.

Back