Help.. new owner

jbhemi

Registered
I'm new to this forum, came here to meet people and learn. I purchased a 08 Hayabusa today from the local dealer. The bike was a demo received from suzuki.. Nows where i need help. I looked at bike before purchase and noticed everyday wear, but saw stickers on it from bazaaz performance. I also noticed that while the bike was running it smelled like racing fuel, and also that the gears were backwards (1 up, 5 down)! I do know for a fact that im the first to title the bike and also saw paperwork at dealer showing it came from suzuki a week prior. While i understand that i can change the gears to the right way, I was wondering if anybody would be worried about the fuel and bazaaz stickers. I received 12 month warranty starting today, but how will i ever know whats been done to this bike if the dealer itself doesnt know. Any advice would be great because i wont be riding this bike for atleast another month...

Only way to tell for sure is to have some of the fuel tested to see its content ?
The Bazaaz sticker is strange ?
Does it still have a Bazazz PC on it ?

How many miles are on it ?

How do tires look ?

The fact shifter is flipped is also strange as not many street riders I know do that.
Mainly a European thing or sorry to say track thing ? Others may correct me and say they ride flipped ?

Bottom line:
Are you happy with the price ?
Are you happy with overall appearance of bike ?
Did you ride it and did it make you SmYYYYYYYYle ?

If you answered yes to the above then dont sweat the little things.
Curiosity would cause me to do some investigation.
The dealer sold it to you as a demo. 100% guaranteed they know exactly where it came from.
If it aint their demo than they bought it from another dealer/wholesaler and there is no mgr who would purchase a demo without knowing its history.

:welcome:
Where was it demoed and what was it a show case for? There has to be a paper trail if it did come from Suzuki.

u wanna trade shifters if u want the stock ones? lol. i got an 08 also. i'd be more then happy to trade ya for the reverse shifters!!! PM me.. maybe we can work something out

That does sound kinda odd that it has this work done to it already. It kinda sounds like it was used for a track day demo bike with the reverse shifting setup.

It was used as a track demo in california, don't ask me how it made its way to PA.. As for the shifter, all they did was flip it upside down.(Atleast I think)! The bike was never previously titled and they gave me full warranty as if it was new. When I signed title it was still suzuki on title. And I have yet to ride it because they won't let u ride them at store, I can just tell from smell of exhaust that its racing fuel! I've bought three bikes from them and they've never let me ride any of them or let anybody I know ride new bikes. As for the bazzaz stickers, I have no idea what's done to the bike. My friend has a 08 busa and to rev it up it only seems to rev half as fast as mine! I'm callin dealer today.. Btw, I paid 8500 out door.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bright side is you may have gotten a factory Bazaaz tuned demo .
Look under the seat and see if it still has Bazaaz on it ?

The racing fuel could be a problem ?
If it's the stuff folks use here and any of it got left in bike you could have some serious gum problems.
From what folks say here racing fuel left in even overnight will turn gummy or something .

do a search on MR2 racing fuel above in search tab or maybe someone else will expound upon that .
Either way if it had racing fuel in it and still smells like it most likely it's still there.
May need to clean the injectors and flush system with fresh fuel .

Ok, just got off phone with dealer. took the time to talk to a guy there that has helped me in the past. 5 min on the phone and got all my answers. No racing fuel, he said that when they demo these bikes at track they run 50/50 mix of super and race. and thats why i can still smell racing fuel, he told me the bike was shipped there empty and he filled it up himself yesterday with gas from local gas station. As for the bazzaz, he said alot of times they put aftermarket stuff on for the demo days at track. but he said he put battery in yesterday and felt for sure if it had something on it like that he wouldve saw it. he said hes pretty sure they take this stuff off before they ship so they can use it on future demos. And all i had to do to fix the shifter was take dogbone apart and flip it to top. and that fixed the weird shifting so im happy... Man i cant wait to ride this bike, I traded in a 2008 cbr1000rr that ran good and the salesman told me i wont be dissapointed with the busa!

Congrats and welcome. Good to hear you got things sorted out. Be safe and have fun on that first ride...and most of all, try your hardest to wipe that ear-to-ear grin off your face :laugh:

P.S. Sounds like you have a good relationship with your dealer and you trust him...I envy you. Oops, almost forgot to warn you....hurry up and post pics of the bike. Bunch of pic hos here :whistle:

pichers1st9.jpg

Last edited:
Back