Sold My Harley Today

Techbiker

Registered
Hello everyone,

This is my first post
laugh.gif

I've been following your forums for a couple of months now and this is the best group of people, I feel very connected to the enthusiasm we share for motorcycling.

I finally sold my '04 Fatboy today, and I have plans to buy an '08 Hayabusa.

I have a few questions, I think you guys can steer me in the right direction;

Do the Suzuki dealers negotiate on price?
I see a few Suzuki dealers located in other states selling at a discount any downside to going out of state to get a bike?
Warranty work concerns me if I go to Oklahoma and I bring the bike back to Austin, is the local dealer obligated to honor warranty work?

Oh yeah, are White '08 Busa available in the USA?

Any and all comments welcome,

Thanks

Techbiker

Welcome,

I came off a Road King to the Busa

Suzuki dealer will negotiate. And Warranty is good at any dealership. You MIGHT have some leverage if you bought the bike at the dealership where it is being serviced, but there is no guarantee of that.

White is not one of the colors available in the US for 08.

What Rick said. Also, be patient, we have several members in the Austin San Antonio area, I am sure they can point you in the right direction for a new bike. Welcome to the oRg, post up some pics of the fatboy, and we will need pics of the 08 when you get her home!
beerchug.gif

I am new here too......... and am thinking about selling my road king, as i never ride since i have purchased my busa a month ago. My new bike is awesome!

Where you at in Austin? Welcome to the madness and good luck with the new Busa.

Welcome to the Madness!!!

I second the notion of trying to hit some of our members up from your area on where to look in your area for the best deal...
but if the right deal comes up out of state, take off and go get it cause you'll be smiling all the way home looking in your rearview at the monster in your trailer or heck for that matter riding it home!!!!
Whatever you do, be safe and ride it like ya stole it!!!

100_7137copy.jpg

Grats! I too came from a long line of Harley's, last being a Road King..

I know at my dealership (Ohio) you have 1 year to purchase the extended.. I usually do that because if something breaks in a week or a month, you have just dipped into the war and if you sell the bike for some reason you will not get any of that $$ back.. They will start sending you reminders after about 9 months, that is at my dealership, (my 05 busa) I would think Suzuki does it the same way across the board, so don't feel like you have to buy the extended right away.

There is a thread that has the best deal in the country for board members. Just don't let the dealership charge you more for Orange and Black just because it's a little better than the rest, I know it's hard to believe, but they all cost the same to make, the Orange/Black just came out a little better:)

You will be going UP in style, performance, and of course enjoyment
beerchug.gif

You will be amazed at what you were missing. A 'Busa defines the pinnacle of motorcycling, IMHO.

Enjoy, and ride safe!

Nice Fatboy, Techbiker. Our local dealer sells at MSRP, but in Texas you should be able to find a deal. I've seen a couple of very low mileage '08's sold here by members for some very good deals as well. Good luck and welcome to Busas
beerchug.gif

If you have trouble finding one on a showroom floor, post up and we'll get the radar out. For instance, there is one last time I looked in my town, Orange/Black, about six hours from you (by car).
laugh.gif

I bought mine at Honda Suzuki North here in Dallas - I know the owner, really nice guy and incredibly helpful when it came to buying my 08 OJ. He seems to have had a used 08 on his showroom floor everytime I go in there (I guess some folks can't handle the 'busa).

Let me know if you want to come up and get an intro - Larry is very fair and his folks know their stuff. I got a deal on mine.

welcome.gif
Good choice! Florida is a bit of a haul for you, but I've seen some good deals advertised around here. Look on cycletrader.com. It seems like a good choice where all of the dealers advertise their specials.

Back