USED BUSA QUESTION

BrutusTx

Registered
I just bought a used '00 from the owners widow and was wondering if there was a way to find out if any warranty or recall work has been done to the bike? If anyone has any suggestions it would be great. I suppose I could go to a local dealer but I thought there may be somewhere online to check.

Thanks for your thoughts

Welcome to the board. Not sure what resources are online, but if there are someone on this board will have the answer for you.

I would think going to a local Suz dealer would be the best way to find that out. Let 'em run the VIN#.

I would think going to a local Suz dealer would be the best way to find that out.  Let 'em run the VIN#.
That's all you've got to do...
evil.gif

Congrats on the new Busa and Welcome to the board.  Just have the dealer run the vin and see if it's been done. You can also call Suzuki Customer Service at 714-572-1490.

<!--EDIT|jwcfbd
Reason for Edit: None given...|1110683769 -->

Well, I can see that it still has an aluminum swing arm, but it doesn't appear to have ever been pulled apart. With 11,000 miles I was a little concerned that I might be in for some BIG repair bills although, I have to admit, the price for the bike was really, REALLY good.
But, she had a local shop sell it so it wasn't like I took advantage of anybody, and I didn't even try to negotiate.
Thanks for the input, I'll see what a dealer can tell me.

Well, I can see that it still has an aluminum swing arm, but it doesn't appear to have ever been pulled apart. With 11,000 miles I was a little concerned that I might be in for some BIG repair bills although, I have to admit, the price for the bike was really, REALLY good.
But, she had a local shop sell it so it wasn't like I took advantage of anybody, and I didn't even try to negotiate.
Thanks for the input, I'll see what a dealer can tell me.
What type of swingarm do you think it should have???11K is nothing for a Busa...Maybe you meant alum subframe...
evil.gif

blush.gif
Yeah, Subframe is what I meant. All the talk about starters, subframes, etc etc started me thinking I should try and get some history on it. Other than the seat and tires it looks completely stock original.

Well, so far none of the local dealers ( Houston ) have been too helpful. Has anyone else had any luck with this kind of situation?
Any suggestions would be great!!

I bought a 00, and she's at a dealer right now getting the timing chain recall done. I just called the local Suzi dealer, gave them the VIN#, they called Suzuki, got the info and ordered the parts and are doing it all with no charge to me. I'm pretty sure Suzuki reimburses them for parts and labor. I recommend this cuz if the timing chain jumps a tooth, the treat's on you. I believe they are "interference motors" so if it jumps time while running you can pretty much toss your top end.

Back