So now without congressional approval Obama has allowed the UN to commit us to Libya

Re: So now without congressional approval Obama has allowed the UN to commit us to Li

That's right! - Reagan used their own pride against them, forcing them to spend themselves into dissolution.

And 30 years later, our own overswollen pride and greed is going to spend ourselves into the same hole.

I'm sorry, but nobody was promised a free ride, and as long as our government continues to hand out money, people are gonna keep taking it. It's got to stop and we've got to cut government spending into something actually sustainable. In this case (Libya), our National Security interests were not at play, yet we just spend a ton on shooting missles at him. Now- i read that the rebels are mad at us anyway because we didn't act fast enough....no-win situation.

Re: So now without congressional approval Obama has allowed the UN to commit us to Li

And 30 years later, our own overswollen pride and greed is going to spend ourselves into the same hole.

I'm sorry, but nobody was promised a free ride, and as long as our government continues to hand out money, people are gonna keep taking it. It's got to stop and we've got to cut government spending into something actually sustainable. In this case (Libya), our National Security interests were not at play, yet we just spend a ton on shooting missles at him. Now- i read that the rebels are mad at us anyway because we didn't act fast enough....no-win situation.

No , wait. This is what the rebels are saying says CNN(question the source)
"Before we were fighting with God and winning , now we are fighting with the USA and NATO and losing!"

What's amazing is seeing the images of these 'Rebels'?
Reminds me of 'The Road Warrior'. "Give us the Gassss"
Where do all these Toyotas w/heavy guns on them come from?
Pay close attn to some of the current video now on. You'll see a Toyo with a rocket pod from a Soviet Hind helicopter mounted on angle in back and firing!
The ingenuity of man under fire is incredible! Fire a few rockets at the Libyan tanks headed your way...
Then it's...........
Omg......run away.....get in....let's go everybody drive toward the camera like Krazy men ok!

We've aligned ourselves with these jokers. Yes rightfully they could be compared to our original colonists who rose up against an oppressive govt but one big diff speaks out, the lack of leadership and organization.
Without that and alot of it ON THE GROUND the uprising will fail.

we did not win the "Cold War".....because the "Cold War" is still going on. Since the end of WWII we had been in fight with USSR, while its little brother China stood and watched. China watched and learned and now has taken to the fight as well.

we forgot that we were fighting two countries, not just one....and after the collaspe of the USSR many American incorrectly thought the cold war was over.

we did not win the "Cold War".....because the "Cold War" is still going on. Since the end of WWII we had been in fight with USSR, while its little brother China stood and watched. China watched and learned and now has taken to the fight as well.

we forgot that we were fighting two countries, not just one....and after the collaspe of the USSR many American incorrectly thought the cold war was over.

Except that the Chinese have been somewhat co-opted by accepting parts of Capitalism in their society, and bought enough US Debt that they stand to loose a lot if it becomes a fight also.

But you never know about the Chinese, their 3000 year old society carries a lot of knowledge that us upstart 200 year old Americans don't have. Kinda like a teenager telling a 65 year old man that he 'doesn't know anything', the old man just smiles, as he has the benefit of perspective. They think in a lot longer terms than we do.

Except that the Chinese have been somewhat co-opted by accepting parts of Capitalism in their society, and bought enough US Debt that they stand to loose a lot if it becomes a fight also.

But you never know about the Chinese, their 3000 year old society carries a lot of knowledge that us upstart 200 year old Americans don't have. Kinda like a teenager telling a 65 year old man that he 'doesn't know anything', the old man just smiles, as he has the benefit of perspective. They think in a lot longer terms than we do.

Ancient Chinese proverb:
USA grow like weed and will soon fall in the wind..
China grow like redwood and last foreva.....

Gadhafi loyalists launch new push against Misrata - CNN.com

BBC News - Libya crisis: Nato urges plans for post-Gaddafi era

So now the mission has totally morphed. What was supposed to be a mission to protect civilians has become a mission of regime change. As if we didn't already know that. We/NATO drop over fifty bombs on the capital of Tripoli. I wonder how many civilians were killed by those bombs? You won't see any of them on your tv, no way. Once again innocent people are caught up in a conflict they don't want to be in. I've been to Tripoli. I recognize the area you see bombs falling on today. The people there welcomed us with open arms and were nothing but the nicest to us. They took us to the port where the Allies came ashore in WWII to liberate them. There are or I guess were American flags flying in the square in our honor. Bronze statues of allied soldiers in tribute there as well.
This is another Iraq, unjustified invasion and the toppling of a govt.
Let's say we get lucky and do kill Gaddafi, what then? Who's gonna lead?
Nobody, that's who. It will be complete chaos and anarchy which nato most assuredly knows.

Where is the public outcry? We have invaded yet another country to wage war upon the innocent and everybody is worried about some damn weiner!
What is my country doing? :(

Gadhafi loyalists launch new push against Misrata - CNN.com

BBC News - Libya crisis: Nato urges plans for post-Gaddafi era

So now the mission has totally morphed. What was supposed to be a mission to protect civilians has become a mission of regime change. As if we didn't already know that. We/NATO drop over fifty bombs on the capital of Tripoli. I wonder how many civilians were killed by those bombs? You won't see any of them on your tv, no way. Once again innocent people are caught up in a conflict they don't want to be in. I've been to Tripoli. I recognize the area you see bombs falling on today. The people there welcomed us with open arms and were nothing but the nicest to us. They took us to the port where the Allies came ashore in WWII to liberate them. There are or I guess were American flags flying in the square in our honor. Bronze statues of allied soldiers in tribute there as well.
This is another Iraq, unjustified invasion and the toppling of a govt.
Let's say we get lucky and do kill Gaddafi, what then? Who's gonna lead?
Nobody, that's who. It will be complete chaos and anarchy which nato most assuredly knows.

Where is the public outcry? We have invaded yet another country to wage war upon the innocent and everybody is worried about some damn weiner!
What is my country doing? :(

I think your countrymen and women are playing with their Iphone's, checking facebook, and getting the latest gossip. This little toy has become a wonderful drug to maintain public apathy.

Back