So now without congressional approval Obama has allowed the UN to commit us to Libya

Re: So now without congressional approval Obama has allowed the UN to commit us to Li

Moammar will simply lay low until we've expended ourselves.
How can you publicly say 'no boots on the ground' and expect to win?
Name one time in world history where a conflict was solved without boots on the ground?
Libya will soon be partitioned as was Germany.

Re: So now without congressional approval Obama has allowed the UN to commit us to Li

Moammar will simply lay low until we've expended ourselves.
How can you publicly say 'no boots on the ground' and expect to win?
Name one time in world history where a conflict was solved without boots on the ground?
Libya will soon be partitioned as was Germany.

True. It has always been the case that "who holds the ground, rules".
They'll send some men in. I'm sure that "No boots on the ground" was the typical sort of lie politicians tell.

Put a Tomahawk up his azz and it will quickly be over. Or French Foreign Legion.

Soooooooooooo Has anyone noticed that we have gone from enforcing a NO Fly Zone to attacking ground forces rather quickly? Were we not just going to protect civilians? By keeping Gaddafi's air strikes out of Benghazi?

Obama the War Monger, lies and deception. Still wondering where all the outrage is over this. The Dems only seem to be bothered by Republicans dropping bombs. Why isn't that Cindy ShaBeotch not getting any Air Time?

Soooooooooooo Has anyone noticed that we have gone from enforcing a NO Fly Zone to attacking ground forces rather quickly? Were we not just going to protect civilians? By keeping Gaddafi's air strikes out of Benghazi?

Obama the War Monger, lies and deception. Still wondering where all the outrage is over this. The Dems only seem to be bothered by Republicans dropping bombs. Why isn't that Cindy ShaBeotch not getting any Air Time?

It is absolutely incredible how easily the American public swallowed a third war! Shameful as well :(
He still has yet to address the nation regarding it and justify it to us?
No speech from the oval office stating his case? I feel like :cry:ing
Flick of a pen and a brainfart they send our sons and daughters off to war.

Again "we are there to protect civilians but not affect the outcome of this uprising as we want the Libyan people to earn their freedom themselves."

Says our fearless leader....
But wait a minute.....

Isn't 100s of Tomahawks and laser guided bombs dropped by us 'affecting' the outcome? Without outside intervention the uprising there would already be over. Lots of people dead but hey WHO CARES! Civil wars happen almost every day. Why do we in a recession already in two wars near complete lend to spend financial Bernie Madoff collapse have to go? I personally don't care how many of his own people he kills. If I was the kind of person who cared about situations like this I would have raised more than an eyebrow over 1,000,000 folks slaughtered in Rwanda or Angola or Ivory Coast or The Congo or Sudan or Nepal or Cameroon or Yemen or Bahrain or Cambodia or Egypt or or or or......ahhhhhhhhhhhhh :banghead:

Enough is enough! Bring the boys back home and let's rebuild this place with the now close to one billion dollar a day war fronts money !

really dont know what to say on this one its a messed up situation. The only thing I can really say is that i know that you are tired of "our boys" being gone but, war is the way of the world sadly. It is also voluntary to join up. Everyone who joins knows that they might have to go over there.
Honestly though, is anyone protesting or demonstrating? No we all would rather sit on ass at the house and watch overpaid athletes, who do things anyone could do, make billions of dollars.
It is a strange set of events that makes the world go round, until people get off the couch and do something outside of doing only for themselves will things begin to change.
Remember if it dosent effect you directly then why should you care right. WAKE UP :moon:

CNN is bragging today how the rebels have retaken a key oil city and they accomplished this in less than 20 hours! Wow those Rebs are tough!

Then.....

Two mins later they show a stat that says we've shot 186 Tomahawks and flown almost 200 sorties with 86 bombing runs just last night. Gee who do you think really retook that city? And now NATO is gonna take over the op and perform most of the effort? Yeah sure after the USA has leveled the place and playing field we can let them mop up :laugh:

"Obama is Awesome and Bush is a liar!
He is a man of peace, he even won the Nobel peace price like Morgan Freeman!"

That's classic.
:rofl:

CNN is bragging today how the rebels have retaken a key oil city and they accomplished this in less than 20 hours! Wow those Rebs are tough!

Then.....

Two mins later they show a stat that says we've shot 186 Tomahawks and flown almost 200 sorties with 86 bombing runs just last night. Gee who do you think really retook that city? And now NATO is gonna take over the op and perform most of the effort? Yeah sure after the USA has leveled the place and playing field we can let them mop up :laugh:

That's what I'm saying. The mission was to protect civilians. Directly engaging ground troops is not a defensive mission. That's offense and in support of the rebels.

NATO IS THE U.S.A. Look at the NATO chain of command over the Libya operations. The top commanders are Americans.

That's what I'm saying. The mission was to protect civilians. Directly engaging ground troops is not a defensive mission. That's offense and in support of the rebels.

The "rebels" and the "civilians" are one and the same.

Where are the anti-war protesters now? Why is it that the mainstream media partisan hacks aren't calling Obama a war-monger? Isn't it funny how the Democrats are all silent when their "Dear Leader" starts a war?

The "rebels" and the "civilians" are one and the same.

Where are the anti-war protesters now? Why is it that the mainstream media partisan hacks aren't calling Obama a war-monger? Isn't it funny how the Democrats are all silent when their "Dear Leader" starts a war?

I though everyone knew Democrats are enlightened humanitarians and Republicans are sheepish war mongers?

It doesn't seem real? I can't believe what we are doing!
We have aligned ourselves with 'Rebels'. These are people we have NEVER ONCE sat down with and found out who's leading them? It's a civilian uprising with no real leadership structure which we are directing from above. If and when He goes who will take over and straighten things out?
They keep saying 'no boots on the ground'? I say IMPOSSIBLE!
No way a final outcome can be achieved without trained troops on the soil.

It doesn't seem real? I can't believe what we are doing!
We have aligned ourselves with 'Rebels'. These are people we have NEVER ONCE sat down with and found out who's leading them?

Exactly. - The "rebels" are led by shadowy figures, about whom little is known. But we do know that they are linked to Al Qaeda: Libyan rebel commander admits his fighters have al-Qaeda links - Telegraph

So why the hell is America supporting them?!

The media supported Johnson in Nam and were all against it while Nixon was in office. Does anyone else see the pattern :laugh:

For an interesting article check out

The Associated Press: FACT CHECK: How Obama's Libya claims fit the facts

Of keen interest to this thread...

OBAMA: Seeking to justify military intervention, the president said the U.S. has "an important strategic interest in preventing Gadhafi from overrunning those who oppose him. A massacre would have driven thousands of additional refugees across Libya's borders, putting enormous strains on the peaceful — yet fragile — transitions in Egypt and Tunisia." He added: "I am convinced that a failure to act in Libya would have carried a far greater price for America."

THE FACTS: Obama did not wait to make that case to Congress, despite his past statements that presidents should get congressional authorization before taking the country to war, absent a threat to the nation that cannot wait.

"The president does not have the power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation," he told The Boston Globe in 2007 in his presidential campaign. "History has shown us time and again ... that military action is most successful when it is authorized and supported by the legislative branch."

I can't wait for Obama to send planes to Syria to save my family !
The govt is killing people in an uprising right?
USA cannot stand by and let that happen as he said right?
Waiting :whistle:

someone hit the governmental reset button please...

What do you expect. His entire campain was flowery speaches telling the masses what they wanted to hear without any intensions of actually keeping his word.

Back