So not sexxy...

How much would leathers like yours cost truwrecks?
rock.gif

It's been 7 days in full leathers, and no women yet.
lurk.gif
I'm down in here in the Malibu Alps. You up in the Cascades somewhere?
Hey, what's the fuzzy thing on the fairing???
I'm currently in central Utah. I'll be riding through Cali in 2 or 3 days pending getting my tires replaced.

The fuzzy thing is a hitch hiker that I found in Lolo Pass last week.
Where's his gear ? At least get him some goggles, LoL !!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's been 7 days in full leathers, and no women yet.
lurk.gif
I'm down in here in the Malibu Alps. You up in the Cascades somewhere?
Hey, what's the fuzzy thing on the fairing???
I'm currently in central Utah. I'll be riding through Cali in 2 or 3 days pending getting my tires replaced.

The fuzzy thing is a hitch hiker that I found in Lolo Pass last week.
Give a shout. Your hitchhiker looks like he could use a sandwich.
Central Utah? That don't look like Utah to me...
Where're the mesa's?
That pic was taken in the Rio Grande valley in CO. I'm at a hotel in central Utah right now. There are plenty of mesa features every direction I look right now.

Busa_Mesa.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
So no one else on here has figured out that it's actually cooler (temp wise and looks wise) to ride WITH gear?  If you have decently ventalated gear, you'll actually be cooler riding with gear than without it.  Think about it.  With gear, you're riding in the shade the whole time.  Without it you have the sun beating down on you.  I know this from personal experience.  The key is, you have to have ventalated leathers, so as to get some air flow.  If there's no air flow you'll roast like a stuffed pig.  Also, the lighter the color the better.  Light color is not neccessary, however it does help.  Get perferated pants and either a perferated, or open vented jacket and you'll see what I'm talkin about.  I just know that I rode for about 2 and a half hours one day in shorts and a sleevless shirt and was about to die.  Rode the next day in jeans and my alpinestars jacket and was fairly comfortable.  As stated above, getting the sun off of you is key. . . Sorry for the jack.  Off rant.
thumb_up.gif

My Wife & I rode 250 miles Sunday in 105 degrees in the middle of the afternoon. I always wear full leathers etc. My leathers are NOT perforated & I was cooler than she was. I wear an under armor shirt, silk longjohns & an Alpinestars armor compression suit under my leathers. She was wearing Cortex pants, & Mesh jacket. It was so hot that it felt like standing in front of a blow dryer on high heat. I think I was cooler because the leather was breaking the hot wind blowing directly on me. I don't mind the heat. Last trackday it was 102.

You guys make some good arguments. I alway wear full gear when I ride. Monday I rode to my sons karate practice and it was at least 101 out. I wore mesh and was pretty dang hot the entire ride. Not supposed to be as hot today, 97, but I will wear my leather for comparison.

It's never too hot to ride in full gear. BABusa remember going through Death Valley when it was 126 deg? I wear an Underarmor Heat Gear shirt, and I spray it with water, and maybe get the helmet wet on the inside. My suit is not perforated but I open the sleeve and jacket zippers a little. Not too much so as to aviod catching a wasp inside...again.
sadnews.gif

Here's a pic of the Underarmor, some resemblence to the Hulk huh? Before he gets angry I mean...Sexyyyy yeah.
laugh.gif
Oh, it's 107 deg in this pic.

Hulkster.jpg

Well Big O and BA are caught, in the act, doing the John and Adam.....let's spin the wheels to Death Valley show....
super.gif
...Hot
rock.gif
?......John's exact words, "It's not that hot as long as we keep moving...and it'll be real nice on the way home after dark....."
coolold.gif
John and I ride triples all the time, we ain't got no choice when you live here... once you get used to it, it's not really all that bad....

Guess I'm one of the few who ride in board shorts, sandals, and a tank top. I live a few blocks from the beach and always ride down to volleyball courts 5-10 minutes away like that. Knock on wood!

So no one else on here has figured out that it's actually cooler (temp wise and looks wise) to ride WITH gear?  If you have decently ventalated gear, you'll actually be cooler riding with gear than without it.  Think about it.  With gear, you're riding in the shade the whole time.  Without it you have the sun beating down on you.  I know this from personal experience.  The key is, you have to have ventalated leathers, so as to get some air flow.  If there's no air flow you'll roast like a stuffed pig.  Also, the lighter the color the better.  Light color is not neccessary, however it does help.  Get perferated pants and either a perferated, or open vented jacket and you'll see what I'm talkin about.  I just know that I rode for about 2 and a half hours one day in shorts and a sleevless shirt and was about to die.  Rode the next day in jeans and my alpinestars jacket and was fairly comfortable.  As stated above, getting the sun off of you is key. . . Sorry for the jack.  Off rant.
That may be true if you're actually moving. If you're in stop and go or have frequent stops, definitely not.

Give a shout. Your hitchhiker looks like he could use a sandwich.
Central Utah? That don't look like Utah to me...
Where're the mesa's?
I'm getting the tires replaced as I type. I won't be making it to Cali this trip. I ran out of time. I'll be making a bee-line to Seattle starting today. I should be home tomorrow night or Sunday morning.

Back