so just ran my bike on the dyno

busanewb

Registered
so i just let a friend of mine run my busa on the dyno. made made 167hp. yay! lol

my concern is that when he was downshifting after the pull he clutched the bike right away and shifted to neutral. the shifts down were loud and painful to listen to, but i know the clutch was in because i didnt hear the rpms spike. so my questions is how hard was this on the bike doing a 4th gear pull and letting it go all the way down to a stop in neutral, and would you worry about the loud down shift pops? i think the shifts were just loud because its a new transmission, only 875 miles on the bike. just want some thoughts and opinions. the bike seemed to ride fine, just was scary hearing the downshift noises....

Bikes on dynos always sound different and louder than when they are in motion.
Reason is because when you're flying down the road you don't hear most of the things going on.
Sitting still with you standing next to it you notice all kinds of stuff.

Maybe.....

I know the gear boxes are loud, like said, probably because your standing near your stationary bike.

I agree, my victory was even way worse than the Harley and the 109r I have just feels / sounds awful lol

Agreed....

Those Victories are the worst sounding I've ever heard. Went to a demo day a few months back and 1 of the bikes sounded like there was loose marbles clanging around inside..... When i pulled back in and asked the tech what was wrong he told me that was normal and I would get used to it???

Back