So fukking enraged I cant see straight!!!!!!!!!!

G

Just dropped my baby inside my house away from the kickstand side. Dont ask me how it happened I dont want to discuss it. All I want is the best price anyone can get me for a tank and right or exhaust side lower fairing. Blue/Silver
I need new unless its absolutely flawless. I already puked when I looked at her and now I still feel sick and my head is throbbing.
JC, Jeff W, MH, whoever please.

That sucks Omega,sorry.What's going on?I never heard of so many people's bikes falling off their stands,especially Busas.

As you know, I'm shopping around for parts these days.

Hayabusero posted to me that TooQuik (Jim, 800-992-0127) has the lowest prices on body panels you will find. I haven't had time to call him, but Hayabusero said he got all the parts he needed for his wreck repair from To_Quick, basically gave him two thumbs up.

Another good source is www.ronayersmotorsports.com. I looked there, and their prices look pretty good, even with shipping.

Let me know what you come up with. I'm about halfway done on my R & R now. I haven't ordered plastic yet. I'll be getting both lowers and the front. Left lower and front are only scratched, but I'm getting fresh ones anyway. The right lower is fukked, it took the brunt. I'll patch it, and have a ratty set as spares.

Shite happens.

[This message has been edited by Mr Bear (edited 05 July 2000).]

i almost dropped mine again today but once again the "david banner/incredible hulk factor" kicked in. but its only a matter of time man and yes i do feel your pain, but then again id still ride it, so what if its scratched you still ridin a 'busa, just a busa with character until u get some new fairings.
once again man I feel you since i sliced my arm open savin it the time before last and burned my ankle this time. something got to give when that big monster starts creepin over.
sorry bro
btw where did you get yoru username from?

Omega, I know the feeling. I found myself drinking some 9 years ago and decieded to go back to my apt. to get more money. When I arrived, I decieded to use the side walk to my door. Hell, it had a ramped incline. Yep you guessed it! I let loose, the front end came up and my hands rolled back on the throttle. By the time I recoved from this stupid mistake the next building was 40 feet away with a 3 step rise. I jammed all the front brake it had skiding all of 15 feet stoping short of the steps. Sounds cool? Sh*t I was so drunk I forget to put my feet down and the bike fell over. Crap, it cracked the side fairing, cracked the left mirror and scratched the rear side panel. About $400.00 in damage. That was the last time I got ripped and rode a bike. Now I don't drink and ride, a true lesson learned.
Hey, anyone else feel free and post your fu*k up. Okla Bob

good luck omega i hope you find one fast.i'm sure you hate looking at it but its temperary.while your here please e-mail me about your budies box i'll be able ti ship him 1 like tuesday or so so i need an address.man the blue is har to find used so go to that guy and just get it new.hope your bike is better in a hurry.lanta then your due.

Guys, guys, why don't you read properly AND try to understand first before jumping in?

OMEGA told us:
"Just dropped my baby inside my house away from the kickstand side."

And also mentioned he's looking for RH side fairing part now.

What the **** has that got to do with the sidestand?

In some very unlucky way that he doesn't want to tell all the details about he managed to let the Busa drop to the RH side (maybe just got off-balance when walking/manoeuvering with the bike and if you ever experienced the feeling of the bike in your hands wanting to tip-over to the right, so away from you, you know how much luck is needed to get it back to you to the left, assuming that like almost everyone you're standing to the left of the bike of course when getting on or off or walking it).

Sorry to hear this, OMEGA.

Animal PI

[This message has been edited by Animal (edited 06 July 2000).]

Very perceptive.
It was like watching my dog run out into the street and get hit by a car. For a second I just froze in horror at the sight of her going over. By then it was too late.
What is it about these bikes that makes us so emotionally attached to them? I drive a 40K vehicle that means far less to me than my busa.

Same for me, cars mean NOTHING to me ... but my bikes ...

Don't know how your misfortune came about but I've had it happening to me a couple of times that I momentarily lost balance while "walking" a bike (due to unexpected other things in the way or slippery stuff on the ground or something like that) and I was always lucky enough to regain balance by all kinds of weird movements and using my own mass against it and heaven knows what else, but I can assure you that the moment it happens it's almost like life switches to slow-motion mode and it's a terrible feeling when it starts to slowly go in the wrong direction (away from you) and it seems to last forever in all its painfulness.

Trust me fellow members, frame sliders will save your plastic...if you're able to pull yourself into drilling a 2 inch hole in each side fairing! :)

Mine fell over right in front of me (damn sidestand) and not a single scratch in the bodywork. Just two small ones on the mirror and a scuffed gearcase cover.

Best 50 buck I have spent on the 'Busa yet.

www.mountainbikes.net/ed for pic's and installation.

Omega, sorry to hear about the mishap. I was close to dumping mine one day moving around my garage. Caught it time (knock on wood). Too_Quick has helped me with plenty parts and accessories.

Fast_Eddie, that's what has kept me from buying them. I think about a drill going towards the plastic and I cringe. I know I should, and probably one day wish I had.

Omega & Bear
I will look up prices today and post them here this evening. Just for info purposes the 99 parts are more expensive than the 00 parts, don't know why they are the same except for colors.

Back