So. Cal weather no more :(

eynlai

Registered
I know that some of you other folks in colder part of the country may snot at this, but: Where is the typical, famous Southern California?? It's seems like it just rains and rains and rains. Just venting I guess. I'm stuck here in San Diego at my girlfriends now. Rode down 120 miles one way yesterday. Rain just came in this afternoon. Looks like I'm going to get stuck here. I already did a one way 80 mile ride in the rain from Oxnard once. Swore I would never do it again. Looks like I'm a liar now. Looks like if I get home safely, I'm going to have retire the busa until Spring. This sucks
sad.gif
and it's pissing me off. Sorry, just had to vent

Ahhh, you can't call this rain, sprinkles maybe  
wink.gif

February is know for some wetness, come March.....and its on  
tounge.gif

Our ride yesterday was great clean dry roads, you shoulda come
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1107728534 -->

I wish I did. I got the voicemail from BusaHaya on Friday while I was working. I left him a message via this board to let him know that I already promised my GF that I'll go down to SD to see her yesterday.

Too bad BusaHA ate it. We know he's okay, so how bad is his scooter? And how did he get it home?

Went to Southern Cali once on a trip, around the May timeframe.... you know what... didn't see the sun the whole time there... overcast the whole time, slight sprinkles... sunny Cali is in someone's dream.

The whole El Nino effect. Man, we really messed up our environment. Seen that movie "Day after Tomorrow"?, if that movie is any indicator, we'll probably get Alaska's weather. So far, the tsuamni thing and the two reported tornados in So. Cal. (Inglewood and Universal City) is very much in line with the movie. CREEPY.

Well you knew that somebody from the North would say something about this, I guess I'll be the first. I would rather have to deal with the rain every now and then, instead of having the snow constantly on the ground here in IL. I can't even get the Busa out of the garage. Hopefully soon, as some of it is melting away.

How bad is your rain, I mean, does it come down really hard or what. Here in Fla it rains almost every day in the summer, not all day but it can come down hard. I just continue riding unless it's raining so hard I can't see or can't be seen. I know that without proper gear to keep you dry, rain is really bad, but if you can stay dry, there's no reason you can't ride in it. Except of course for downpours and lightning, that's when I find the nearest gas station and drink a Dr. Pepper.
smile.gif

I made it home in one piece about 1.5 hours ago. I'm sitting here sipping on scotch right now warming back up. Balvanie Single Malt Double Barrel. Great stuff, $33 a bottle at Trader Joe's if you're lucky enough to have one around you. If not, then a decent liquer store will have it but will run you about $55 a bottle.

It was nearly a 2 hour ride. Pockets of rain. Some okay, others hard enough to cover my visor, and I can hear the rain drops hitting my helmet even though I have those Sony "in-ear-Canal" earbuds on attached to my iPod. The only good thing out of this is that I discovered that if I position my visor just at level where my busa's windshield ends, the wind can blow my visor relatively clear of the rain.

Took it easy (no higher than 85 mph). Luckily no stupid cagers, and no tight turns. Called my GF as soon as I got out of my slightly damp leathers so she can stop worrying.

It sucked. Best reward is the Balvanie and the sound of my GF's relieved voice when I called her.

Glad you made it home, I also know the feeling of being cold on the bike. We were riding up in North Ga when it started raining on us, we had to ride 3 hours north in the rain back to our cabin in Tn. (my two brother's and I last summer)

Kev

The whole El Nino effect.  Man, we really messed up our environment.  Seen that movie "Day after Tomorrow"?, if that movie is any indicator, we'll probably get Alaska's weather.  So far, the tsuamni thing and the two reported tornados in So. Cal. (Inglewood and Universal City) is very much in line with the movie.  CREEPY.
You ARE joking right, "the day after tomorrow"? didn't you know that it was just an anti-Bush pro-"<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:times'>insert name of anyone but George Bush here</span></span>"movie to try to get Bush out of office.

<!--EDIT|Kevin Kesler
Reason for Edit: None given...|1107747239 -->

The whole El Nino effect.  Man, we really messed up our environment.  Seen that movie "Day after Tomorrow"?, if that movie is any indicator, we'll probably get Alaska's weather.  So far, the tsuamni thing and the two reported tornados in So. Cal. (Inglewood and Universal City) is very much in line with the movie.  CREEPY.
Talk about creepy
smile.gif

NEW ICEBERG BREAKS OFF OF LARSEN ICE SHELF
A new iceberg, about twice the size of Dallas, Texas, has formed in the frigid waters around Antarctica, according to the National Ice Center in Suitland, Md. This latest development comes just three weeks after the world's largest iceberg, which measured the size of Long Island, N.Y., came close to crashing into a mammoth glacier, called the Drygalski Ice Tongue. Using satellite imagery from the Canadian Space Agency, the NIC discovered the new iceberg, named A-53, when it broke off from the Larsen Ice Shelf on January 31. It measures 35 nautical miles on its longest axis and 16 nautical miles on its widest axis.

From

http://www.noaa.com

Don't sweat eynlai, we'll be doing some riding within the next couple of weeks. As far as the weather, all I could say is it could be worse. Stay up Bro
beerchug.gif

Back