Got caught in the rain on the Bus. (Useless post)

BoostCreep

Registered
So I was heading about 30 miles out of town staring down some rain clouds thinking "naaahh, I'm not going to hit those..." BOOM! Next thing I know it's showering like crazy. I'm in the middle of getting new gear so I was wearing a normal shirt and jeans; my last bike was a Triumph Speed Triple so I'm thinking I'm just going to get soaked. By the time I get into town it just stops raining, I pull in to where I'm going, my shoulders are wet and everything, EVERYTHING else about me is dry.

Super, super impressed... I've never stayed this dry in my life on a motorcycle (I was going 50-55mph).

I wasn't so lucky this past Saturday, skies opened up an hour from home and rained pretty steady on me and the wife the whole way home, we got drenched my Droid has been on the fritz every since..:laugh:
On the plus side all the bug guts have been effectively cleaned off my riding jacket!!

They are not bad to ride in the rain but believe me if you stay on it long enough you will get wet. :laugh:

Stretch that rear tire out behind the tail and report back, will introduce you to a whole new meaning of wet and nasty :rofl:

I have found the rear tire splashes water up and gets my foot wear wet. Does any one know if a tire huger will help this issue. It gets fun when you hit those July hail storms.

BigBadDodge said:
Stretch that rear tire out behind the tail and report back, will introduce you to a whole new meaning of wet and nasty :rofl:

Ruined a few shirts with that technique last year :laugh:

I have found the rear tire splashes water up and gets my foot wear wet. Does any one know if a tire huger will help this issue. It gets fun when you hit those July hail storms.

They sure do, more importantly they protect the shock linkage and rectifier.

P1010001.jpg

Back