Snubbed

Never been snubbed...most of them were pleasantly surprised.

Man...so many cagers catch up just to say "nice bike!!" At stop-lights...parking lots...this red Hayabusa generates a crowd!

see now there is the first thing.....they are catching up to you.....RIDE THAT THING LOL
tounge.gif

Me too, I RETURN waves to HD riders, and always wave to sport bikes. But one thing I have noticed here lately, is a black guy on a HD will always wave, and return a wave, but a white guy almost never! Something to think about!

It's never convenient.

My baby and I fight about it all time, sometimes she wins (and she is sneaky as hell, creeps up, oh...15-20mph + before I even remember there is a speed limit.) sometimes I win, if only for a little bit.
tounge.gif

Should be a cager speed limit and a biker speed limit (or no limit). Obviously the tards o' powers that be, don't ride Busa's.

Just wave to every biker....if they dont wave back their lost.  No sense in being snobby toward someone.   If they dont wave back then skull fug 'em in your mind.
wow.gif

<!--EDIT|BlueHaya
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154811368 -->

I wave to everyone on two wheels. Throw me off everyonce in a while when I wave a scooter riders. Fug it. Wave at all of them cause you are happy to ride.

i wave to anything on two wheels...did the same when i was on chopped '68 & '73 triumph's, various honda's, and even a harley...the harley riders in the area snubbed me when i first got my busa last year but have come around once they realized who i was and that i wasn't out there being an azzhole...i have seen sportbike riders pop wheelies and ride past groups of other riders putting everyone's lives in jeopardy...i have also seen harley riders "sweep" a road and run everyone onto the shoulder...there are idiots everywhere!!! i don't and have never flown under colors but i have ridden with some of the best guys on earth...this includes independants on just about anything on two wheels imaginable to 1%'s...i know some of you guys don't like the "can't we all just get along" mentality but i will treat anyone else with respect as long as they do the same for me...happy ridin'

Depends on the rider.

I've met a-holes on every style of bike. The ones we talk about most on this site are what most here call "squids". They're riding what... ... sport bikes!

Some of the Harley guys don't return my wave either. I figure they're afraid to take a hand off the bars. Or... they're a-holes!

Two harley guys helped me hang some sheetrock in my house today, so I think there are a few good ones out there. That said, I'm not sure that they'd wave at a sport bike.

I slowly passed by a harley rider tonight on a small type 2 lane highway.I pulled up beside him,waited for him to look over,and gave him a little hand salute gesture...
He gratiously gestured back.

Pan,dont take it to heart,I have rode Harleys for many years,I used to ride with the guy that first got me into them,and he used to give the 'thumbs down' to any sportbike rider......
Talk about feeling like an A-hole riding with one!!!

As with anything,it is not all of them,and you have to realize,they are just too dumb to know any better..
I dont even want to ride my harley anymore!!!
+1

I own a hayabusa and a cruiser (Marauder 1600)... I've been equally snubbed by sportbike and cruisers depending on which motorcycle I was riding that day. That doesn't bother me.. I still throw out the wave.. =)  Don't let the actions of a few get you down...

rt

Me too, I RETURN waves to HD riders, and always wave to sport bikes.  But one thing I have noticed here lately, is a black guy on a HD will always wave, and return a wave, but a white guy almost never!  Something to think about!
I have noticed this to be true in San Diego too, I think it is because alot of those guys belong to MC clubs, the MC set has been alot of fun down here and I even met the "King of Calli" that Biker Boyz was made after at the Black Sabbath / New Breed picnic. Most of the bike clubs around here seem to associate with each other no matter what bikes they ride.
Funny thing though, my dad has allways rode nothing but HD until I took him to the Busa Bash this year at the Dragon. He rode my SV and there were several occassions where we passed groups of HD riders and of course...they were bobos. We got done riding and he asked...."Is that what I look like?". He couldn't believe the arrogance that the HD guys have. I just told him that it is because they are jealous because those bikes can't break 100 mph.

Maybe they don't speak English! That seems to be the new thing lately!
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|Smoke_Dog
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154869368 -->

with me on either bike MOST everyone waves at me.
I have found tho that when sitting at a gas station or just at a light going the opposite way and a guy on a harley sees me he will flog the hell outa his bike to "impress" me but if u pull up to a light alongside of him, when the light changes he eases out not wanting to make himself look bad with that 1800+cc harley engine that make 80HP.
later
Michael.

with me on either bike MOST everyone waves at me.
I have found tho that when sitting at a gas station or just at a light going the opposite way and a guy on a harley sees me he will flog the hell outa his bike to "impress" me but if u pull up to a light alongside of him, when the light changes he eases out not wanting to make himself look bad with that 1800+cc harley engine that make 80HP.
later
Michael.
HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE

It took owning one HD to realize what a POS they are. Can't say how many times I hear peeps bragging " I ride a Harley" and just shake my head and go on. If they wave, I wave back and if not life's still good.

Hey Pan, have your dad check out one of the bike shows/events sometime. I know at cyclefest and a few others they have all the models out for you to test ride.... you can go from one to the other back to back if you schedule it right so you get a great comparison
cool.gif

i just normally toss my hand up at any old two wheeled looking thing and normally couldn't tell ya if half of them wave back or not... generally not paying attention.

i used to not wave at trikes cuz I always thought they should just get a convertible.. then met a guy that was paralyzed from the waist down that had a trike..

every since then.. I wave at those too.

I got a semi-humorous story about this though..

went riding one day and was going down a two lane road with a pretty low speed limit.. 35-45 or something and a big ass group of HD's came the other way.

I stuck two fingers off the end of the bar to the first few.. got ignored.. so made a more obvious wave to the next few.. still ignored..  raised my hand up wavin.. still ignored..

haha.. by the end of the line I was waving both hands with the visor up and yellin' wave ya sorry dirt bags..

by that point  they were just lookin' at me weird.. I Figure they thought all hell had broken out just up the road from me and they got a good chuckle talkin about the idiot on the sport bike..

bleh..  I thought it was sorta funny it was like if one of them waved at me the rest would turn on him and devour him alive or something.

"don't look marge, it will go away if we just don't pay attention!"

they are a weird lot those hard core hd <s>riders</s> owners.

<!--EDIT|pure_ego
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154882477 -->

Back