Snubbed

PaNDeM1C

Your Disease.....
Donating Member
Registered
I counted exactly 3 snubs from 3 different Harley riders today... 2 of them didn't return my waves and just looked at me. They had plenty of time to return the courtesy. It's making me more and more unwilling to even initiate waves to non sportbike riders! And finally, tonight, I was riding through a busy section of town and was slowing for a stoplight... and then 2 Harleys pass by on the opposite side of the road (both riders had wives or girlfriends as passengers) and the leader just revved up his engine at me very loud. What a d1ck! I just looked over at him and gave him a motion with my left hand like I was "yawning"....

My rule now is going the be that I'll only return waves from non sportbike riders.... I'm not going to wave and then get snubbed by some guy on an overpriced bike that sounds like king kong farting.... not anymore!

yep it gets old being snubed.i usualy give the peace sign so when they just stare at you. just drop one finger.:blush:

I only wave when waved to. I can't stand the Harley image thingy they have going, give me a break! someimes Harley riders wave,and then and only then will I wave back. I'm begining to think that Goldwingers, and BMW riders fall into the same category.

I slowly passed by a harley rider tonight on a small type 2 lane highway.I pulled up beside him,waited for him to look over,and gave him a little hand salute gesture...
He gratiously gestured back.

Pan,dont take it to heart,I have rode Harleys for many years,I used to ride with the guy that first got me into them,and he used to give the 'thumbs down' to any sportbike rider......
Talk about feeling like an A-hole riding with one!!!

As with anything,it is not all of them,and you have to realize,they are just too dumb to kno any better..
I dont even want to ride my harley anymore!!!

Here in Florida, the non-helmet wearing HD riders (you know,the so called "real bikers") wont wave to their fellow HD riders if they have helmets on!!!!

So dont even wast your time waving to HD's here.
Although the metric cruiser guys usually do wave.

I wave first at S-bikes but will RETURN the wave from anyone.

Here in Florida, the non-helmet wearing HD riders (you know,the so called "real bikers") wont wave to their fellow HD riders if they have helmets on!!!!

So dont even wast your time waving to HD's here.
Although the metric cruiser guys usually do wave.

I wave first at S-bikes but will RETURN the wave from anyone.
jump9.gif

Bahahaa...I never knew that about the helmet and non-helmet wearers, but I believe it.

I still like Harleys and want to get a second bike, but I look at a HD Fat-boy (specially a 2007) and were probably talking close to 20 grand out the door.

I want a big twin, but heck, for $20 grand I can pop a Honda water cooled Saber AND a ZX10R.

Kinda makes the Hardly seem a tad over priced.

My father is researching a bike (his first bike since he had one way back in the 70's) and he's not even considering a Harley because it's just an overpriced hunk of metal and they have poor reviews as far as reliability goes. They just have that "name". I think he's seriously considering a Suzuki cruiser or Kawi. He could afford any bike on the market, but he's being smart and just going to get something he can "test ride" and use. Hey! I tried to tell him that my busa ain't uncomfortable!!! But he sat on my bike once and didn't like it. It's just not his style.... and I can understand that. Plus... I wouldn't want my dad on a Busa. I love him too much!

I tried to convince him to get a Goldwing, but he doesn't want that right now. I think he just wants a bike to ride to get back into riding again... and I'm sure he'll eventually get something like a Goldwing somewhere down the line... IF he finds that he enjoys riding, that is.

He is considering this....

http://www.suzukicycles.com/Products/C50TK7/Default.aspx

Note the year = 2007!!!!

It's official, too... so the sportbikes might not be too far behind....

My dad is 62 and he needs some spice in his life. An 800cc cruiser will do the trick for him... but he hates how the saddle bags look. I told him there is this wonderful thing online called MODS!!! Maybe he'll get the "picture". I think he'll wind up buying the C50T because it has the best rider/mag reviews in its class. And it's the style bike he wants.

Damn, I guess I just went waaayyyy off topic here!!!

But...

Yes...

Suzuki HAS REVEALED an 07 model(s) online!!!

.... after consideration... I'm gonna keep giving the biker wave to all bikers. Maybe Harley asswipes that see a Busa rider wave at them will make them reconsider their elitist ways on the road! I'm friendly and considerate... so I'll just keep giving the wave to any 2-wheeled machine I see!

They can think about the snub later on... and maybe realize that they are, in fact, being d1x about it all!!!

I'd actually hate to see what Harley-Davidson would charge if they actually made the fastest prod. bike on earth.... probably would go for around 30k!

Nice-looking bikes, yes.... ####### riders... definitely!!!

WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG???!!!!............

Snobs most of them with BIG chips and attitudes,heres the only wave they will get from me.....

Finger_1.JPG

I gotta admit the Suzuki cruisers don't do much for me. There ok but the honda and yamaha line I like a bit better. (Dont like the Kaws cruisers either)

I was searching the yamaha websit and found this 2007. Man, I like this.

07venture_blue_3_copy_122cb3e7.jpg

V 4 power...nice.

<!--EDIT|Justyntym
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154784478 -->

Actually what I was looking for Pandem1c was this one, saw in the new issue of Cycle world. Yamahas new for '07 1300. This is sweet...I would seriously consider one of these if I were thinking big twin.

07vstar1300_blue_3_d728d20d.jpg

<!--EDIT|Justyntym
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154784769 -->

My boss has 3 Harleys, and has had a Dyna Wide Glide just sitting up at work. He asked me not long ago if I wanted to ride it.
"Sure", I said; as I had never been on one before.
This thing rode like a total POS. Just an overpriced hunk-o-crap with absolutely no value in it. I don't get it. These guys are just buying into a name.
Having said that, they do get the chicks. Ummmm lol

Never clicked on the helmet vs. non-helmet, but it makes sense.
Always get a gesture from other S riders. I could care less if a Harley rider looks my way. They benefit my zero.

I would like a few of their women though.
biggrin.gif

Harley riders are so varied that I do not know where to start. You have the 1 percenters, and if they don't wave back, I wouldn't really be compelled to share my thoughts with them on good manners unless you're looking for a lesson, too, on (ahem)...manners.

Then you have the rich posers and skillfully inept who ride Harley's because they think, "I'm cool because people think its cool to ride a Harley". Well, I don't think there is any reason to be angry if they don't wave back, if for the only reason, they are "learned" to do that (sic). Why yell at a mule?

Then you have all the other cool riders out there who ride Harleys or any other bike imaginable. No point in painting them one way or another. Can't judge a book by its cover.

smile.gif

dood. would you let go of the bar on such an evil handling pos? I'm with nj on this one, give em' the Labusa's salute. However, one must never forget: vibration is a girl's best friend. Now, where'd I put that damn clip-on pony tail?
tounge.gif

Back