Snapped these pics of the moon tonight

busa-josh

Got Tires?
Donating Member
Registered
Got a new telescope on loan from my uncle to my folks to me... I used my cell phone just to see if it would work and the pics arent bad. I look forward to jiffypop (wife) to pulling out her camera and taking some real pics... thought some of you might appreciate these pics. For you lunar buffs out there.. the telescope is a Newtonian so the pictures are backwards and upside down from what you see with binos or the naked eye.

side note -----> Special shout out to my friends! I know I haven't posted in a bit... life has taken a busy turn as I prepare to leave again for 18 out of 20 months to not-so-special places on this special planet. Internet posting has been 10th or 15th in my long line of 'honey do list' things...

IMG00110-20100328-2324.jpg

IMG00112-20100328-2327.jpg

IMG00113-20100328-2328.jpg

Very nice, I love moon shots.:thumbsup:
Great detail.
Thanks for the pics.
Bubba

Nice!
You can see the craters better if the moon is not full.
It gets too bright and they wash out.
Try looking at it through all it's stages.

That is cool - especially the definition, you can see the height of the craters. :thumbsup:

Very nice, the third one looks like your getting ready to land.:thumbsup:

Great shots! what camera? I use an Olympus slr circa 1974, with a lever that flips the
mirror out of the way, eliminating shake.

very nice pics...david is deploying in sept. you going bout the same time?

Very nice pics. And with a cell phone to boot. I want to get my daughter a telescope so we can get out and explore the stars for some good father/daughter time. Thanks for sharing.

Must be moon month. We have to take the youngest out tonight to follow the phases on the moon all month for school:beerchug:

Thanks for snapping the great pics and sharing them with us. I really liked the close up ones of the moon. :thumbsup:

Back