Snapped these pics of the moon tonight

AMAZING!!! The 3rd one is unbelievable!!!

I did the same thing about a month ago by jamming a camera into binoculars (Canon 15x50IS)...not quite the same impact :(

again, excellent pics!

moon 1.jpg

Got a new telescope on loan from my uncle to my folks to me... I used my cell phone just to see if it would work and the pics arent bad. I look forward to jiffypop (wife) to pulling out her camera and taking some real pics... thought some of you might appreciate these pics. For you lunar buffs out there.. the telescope is a Newtonian so the pictures are backwards and upside down from what you see with binos or the naked eye.

side note -----> Special shout out to my friends! I know I haven't posted in a bit... life has taken a busy turn as I prepare to leave again for 18 out of 20 months to not-so-special places on this special planet. Internet posting has been 10th or 15th in my long line of 'honey do list' things...

Do you have a SLR camera? I have an adapter that connects to a telescope and also a SLR cameral that let you get the full spectrum of light...

let me know and i will send it to you no charge, we gave our telescope away to another family but I kept the adapter....

You can get some amazing pics of your connected...

cap

Thanks everyone! We have been having a good time with it. I tried to get some shots of Saturn which shows up great in the scope but it doesnt put off enough light to get focused in the camera unfortunately. Ill keep trying and see if I cant get a better shot.

Do you have a SLR camera? I have an adapter that connects to a telescope and also a SLR cameral that let you get the full spectrum of light...

let me know and i will send it to you no charge, we gave our telescope away to another family but I kept the adapter....

You can get some amazing pics of your connected...

cap

Cap that would be great! I don't have any adapter and thats what we need actually. Are you sure I cant pay you a fair price for it? Tina is already excited.. her being the photographer of the family.

Here is the picture of the telescope I am using. I snapped a few more shots of the moon tonight and Saturn too. Saturn is very visible in the scope but because of the lens size i am using it is very hard to get the camera phone to line up with the eye aperture. You can still make out Saturn in the blurred picture though.

IMG00122-20100330-2131.jpg

IMG00127-20100330-2145.jpg

IMG00137-20100330-2235.jpg

Saturn.jpg

Back