Snapped a chain, clutch pushrod sheared off at the oil seal.

It kind of sits in a channel, the thicker part of it is on the back side of the cases.....

yessir, i looked up pics of cases on ebay/psychobike/ETC and its a solid 1/8" lip that holds that pushrod oil seal in place. beyond the seal is a larger shaft with gears on it. In "theory" i could pluck the damaged seal out, then weasel in the new one via flexing it to fit within the bore and massage it into place with 90* pics/drivers/etc. Wishfull thinking, because theres no way im gonna tear apart the engine like that for a $5 seal install. If i have to, upom repairing it, i will sell the bike shortly afterwards out of spite.
Out of all the design flaws that suzuki could have made, i found the mack daddy of them all. Its not like that clutch pushrod seal sees heavy action, it MAYBE moves a 1/4" in/out. Soo why not make that clutch pushrod oil seal a simple exterior push tight/fit install should it wear or tear over time? NNOOOOOOOO tearing down a solid running engine requiring the cases to be split makes more sense.... END RANT... I'l keep you guys posted as progress deteriorates...
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I dont know for sure yet but it feels like my chain is jumping teeth in second and third, so im going to replace all of that if not its getting trading in. Of course I will tell them about the problem though.

yessir, i looked up pics of cases on ebay/psychobike/ETC and its a solid 1/8" lip that holds that pushrod oil seal in place. beyond the seal is a larger shaft with gears on it. In "theory" i could pluck the damaged seal out, then weasel in the new one via flexing it to fit within the bore and massage it into place with 90* pics/drivers/etc. Wishfull thinking, because theres no way im gonna tear apart the engine like that for a $5 seal install. If i have to, upom repairing it, i will sell the bike shortly afterwards out of spite.
Out of all the design flaws that suzuki could have made, i found the mack daddy of them all. Its not like that clutch pushrod seal sees heavy action, it MAYBE moves a 1/4" in/out. Soo why not make that clutch pushrod oil seal a simple exterior push tight/fit install should it wear or tear over time? NNOOOOOOOO tearing down a solid running engine requiring the cases to be split makes more sense.... END RANT... I'l keep you guys posted as progress deteriorates...
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Not possible. The seal is a metal disk covered in rubber. It wil not flex

get the pushrod out by the above mentioned methods and run it a bit - the pic doesn't show too much damage to the seal, I'd run it a couple miles and take a look to see how much (if any) oil is coming out... and since it's rubber you can probably seal up any leak with permatex.

permatex will not work on seal only way to do it is split case as im doing on mine the same thing happened
:banghead:

Back