small pleasure

black2003

Registered
Does anybody here ever done any scale model of the busa? My wife gave me the Tamiya model. It's incredibly acurate. I would like to know if others exist and they compare?
rock.gif

I think I remember 'pacificbusa' having one ... not sure if he finished it, but give him a ping.

I have one but it is still in the box. I think I'll get to it after retirement.
biggrin.gif
Looks like it will be fun though. not very big... maybe twice the size of those MAISTO sized bikes. I'm not a modeller at all - I just say it in the hobby shop and thought why not? Haven't done a model since I was 8 or 10

Not bad. I wanted one but they were like 24 bucks. Probably get one later. Hey pacific is that frame chrome or polished?

If anyones selling im buying

Did the X-1 myself, but got a lil disgusted with the difficulty of removing the decalse. I never painted it and I did a tacky job with the glue. I enjoyed it so much however, I plan to go another busa and paint it the color of mine, including the chrome.
laugh.gif

I built the Tamiya model. It took several evenings but I think I did a pretty good job ( I have modelling experiance as a kid - yeah it is geeky - so what). Anyhow I made mine an all black '02 LE, even painted the frame/swingarm etc. I put a lot of details in it but of course I have no pics of it on me (yeah I know - sorry about that).

I will say this, the model is rather difficult to build and look nice but it is something to do in the non riding months. It is expensive also so unless you have the tools and experience, or just want to spend some money, I would not try this one. You see you really need several special tools and supplies to build models of this caliber (spelling?) like knives/cutters/trimmers, paint supplies etc.

Otherwise just stick to the cheesy pre-built 2" tall toy made by Maisto (available at Wally World in any city in the nation).

First I would like to thank you guys for yur quick replies.

I'm planing to do as you say EAKbusa. Mine is a 2003 LE and I've already paint the frame in black. But I'm not sure the paint will take on it, it's been already chromed. It sure takes a lot of free time but in Montréal...It's cold and white and there,s nothing else busa-to-do!!!
all_coholic.gif

First I would like to thank you guys for yur quick replies.

I'm planing to do as you say EAKbusa. Mine is a 2003 LE and I've already paint the frame in black.  But I'm not sure the paint will take on it, it's been already chromed.  It sure takes a lot of free time but in Montréal...It's cold and white and there,s nothing else busa-to-do!!!
all_coholic.gif
My frame did take to the paint even over the chrome. I sprayed I think 2 thin coats and it looks great. I also used a semi gloss for the frame/swingarm so as to not be as shiny as the black I used for the fairings. I used nothing but Tamiya paints on mine. Cheap paint equals cheap looking whether it is a model or the real thing. Same thing for time spent on it. Good luck.

I will say this, the model is rather difficult to build and look nice but it is something to do in the non riding months. It is expensive also so unless you have the tools and experience, or just want to spend some money, I would not try this one. You see you really need several special tools and supplies to build models of this caliber (spelling?) like knives/cutters/trimmers, paint supplies etc.

Otherwise just stick to the cheesy pre-built 2" tall toy made by Maisto (available at Wally World in any city in the nation).
Really, bro? I didn't think it was too expensive. Most I spent for one particular item was the airbrush. Cost me bout 40 bucks.

Then again....it's not like I had anything to ride anyways.
sad.gif
laugh.gif

Really, bro? I didn't think it was too expensive. Most I spent for one particular item was the airbrush. Cost me bout 40 bucks.

sad.gif
laugh.gif
I guess it is all relative but after you get the model, the tools, and paint supplies, you could easily be in for $100 or more. And then considering that many people do not have the experience or patience to build it properly you may end up with a $100 piece of crap.

I just suggest that you consider this before you try one yourself, or unless you feel that $100 is no big loss and you are bored (like I was when I did mine). Winter sucks
sad.gif

sad.gif

I have one Tamiya and two Maisto Busas. Get this! I also have a Maisto version of the ZX12... Jus' a lil' sumtin sumtin to keep the Busa's company on my "Ooooh Wee!" shelf.
smile.gif
I have a built in bookcase/knick knack shelf in my house and I have so much paraphenallia (sp?) on it, that everytime someone comes over I get the same reaction... "Ooooh wee, what the hell is that?" I have a lot of memoribilia, a lot of the stuff is pretty expensive or at least WILL BE with some appreciation of the depreciation. I collect a lot of sports stuff... I was very addicted to ebay at one time.
blush.gif

sad.gif
laugh.gif
considering that many people do not have the experience or patience to build it properly you may end up with a $100 piece of crap.
laugh.gif
True...very true!

When I first attempted a model car when I was younger, boy oh boy was it crap!

And yup...I'll agree with you on that one. It IS easy to go $100 into it.

laugh.gif

Back