Toy Hayabusas:

VFRGuy008

Registered
So, I like to dream about owning a 'Busa too much, but I'll have to settle for a sweet desktop 'Busa until the 1:1 scale toy shows up in my garage. I have a 1/24 Ixo Hayabusa model in copper and silver (not the fastest color, IMHO), and it is the best model of the GSX-R 1300 I've been able to find; even the box recommends it for adults *laughs*

Who else makes a good Hayabusa model? I have a 1/18 version, but it's very plasticy and more of a toy for the sandbox. Does anyone know of a good 'Busa toy manufacturer (and none of you smartasses better say "Suzuki!" *laughs*)? Are there any model companies (Tamiya, Hasagawa, etc.) that offer the 'Busa?

Tamiya has a 1/12th model that you asemble and paint yourself i just got one at my local hobby shop i haven't had a chance to put it together yet but i looked inside and the parts seems to be very well detail i can't wait to start and best thing is you can paint it what ever you want they even give you the patern layouts to do 2 of the stock scheme so its pretty nice in my opinion

maisto has some 1:18 scale... they are ok... cheap though.. bout $5 or so.

hard to find in the US other than ebay. atleast I can never find them except in the 1:32 scale.

The Tamiya model is awesome. I have one and it is painted as an '02 SE (all black) but unless you have put models together before be warned. It is not for beginners and not cheap either. But mine looks awesome and it is very accurately detailed down to almost every last bolt, hose, etc. It comes with painting instructions/templates and decals for a number of different color combinations also. Assembled, the model is about 6 inches long or so. Very nice. (sorry I have no pics).

I've got a Tonka (Maisto) 1:18 silver/grey that's pretty realistic.

Thanks for the replies. I have a Maistro 1/18 in grey-silver (a pretty fast color), and it ain't bad...maybe a bit too plasticy, but it has pivoting wheels to simulate suspension front and back. It's pretty sweet. I can't recommend the Ixo model enough; I can almost use its mirrors (kinda like the real thing, no?).
jump9.gif

I'm glad to see that Tamiya makes a Hayabusa. I gotta find one of those! I was a crazy model builder when I was younger, so that ought to make for a fun 20 hours or so. Heck, if'n you want, I could build and sell them for board members. Hmmmmm.....I'll post pics when I get the first one done.  
laugh.gif

hell if you can build a good model with good detail... I would for sure be interested in a couple of em
smile.gif

Anyone got any pics? I've got a plastic one ,but I'd love to have a real nice dicast..

Back