1/12 Scale Haybusa Models...Here

Revlis

Re-Recycled, Busa-Less...
Donating Member
Registered
If you want to find out what your custom paint will look like before you paint the real thing this might be away to go...
I know ehobbies.com has been around awhile.  The Tamiya Model I got kicks butt, very well detailed, very well done.  Will take some time though...

Hayabusa 1/12 Model Kit

Or save a little money and order from eTamiya.  

Etamiya.com Busa Model

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1072240988 -->

Guess it's too late to ask for that for Christmas, but I wouldn't mind having one!

Do the wheels roll, so I can practice wheelies and endoes?
smile.gif

it would be hard to get the 40th copper color though...
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|fstbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1072203714 -->

The wheels roll, it is significantly more accurate than what you buy in the stores pre-made, and fstbusa, you can have it any color you want, it's a kit so bust out the paints and get to it! I am going to paint mine to match Lilah, it'll be a pain because of all the metalizer allready on the frame rails that has to go, but over all the kit rocks!

Revlis - I bookmarked both for future reference.

Thanks!
beerchug.gif

The wheels roll, it is significantly more accurate than what you buy in the stores pre-made, and fstbusa, you can have it any color you want, it's a kit so bust out the paints and get to it!  I am going to paint mine to match Lilah, it'll be a pain because of all the metalizer allready on the frame rails that has to go, but over all the kit rocks!
yeah I know I can paint it whatever color but where am I supposed to get the 40th ann copper color to match???

they don't just sell it at menards
wink.gif

When you see one in the box it's almost hard to believe they can end up looking like this:
Busa model
Included decals:
photo_5.jpg

If you need more instructions there are some here:
Busa pdf

Can someone explain to me the filler holes on this models gas tank:
busa with two places to add fuel

<!--EDIT|Let 'er eat!
Reason for Edit: None given...|1072224574 -->

Can someone explain to me the filler holes on this models gas tank:
busa with two places to add fuel
Ok, this is just a guess because I don't know for sure, but I understand that the Yosh X1 busa has a "special" injection system (Superbike GSX-750R type) and in tank high pressure fuel pump. I'm guessing that one of the two "holes" on the tank is where the special pump goes and the other is the filler cap.

The wheels roll, it is significantly more accurate than what you buy in the stores pre-made, and fstbusa, you can have it any color you want, it's a kit so bust out the paints and get to it!  I am going to paint mine to match Lilah, it'll be a pain because of all the metalizer allready on the frame rails that has to go, but over all the kit rocks!
yeah I know I can paint it whatever color but where am I supposed to get the 40th ann copper color to match???

they don't just sell it at menards  
wink.gif
Get the paint codes for the 03 LE from Suzuki, and get your paint mixed for you. OR find a model color that is close and then adjust till your happy. But I believe you should be able to just buy some of the color matched touch up paint in the little bottle, thin a little and spray away.
Obviously this is going to be some effort, but you should be able to get perty darned close...

Let er' eat, those models are amazing, I used to have about 3/4s of that skill but I haven't built a model in about 10 years, I still have my compressor and my air brushes, but I have no illusions about my work turning out like that... Anyhoo, the Tamiya Kit is up to the task, I'll just have to see what I can do. Ah, makes me wish I was still in High School living at home...No responsibilities and plenty of time to play...

I was going to order a model, but the shipping charges are too much. Ehobbies is in my state so I have to pay sales tax, plus $8 shipping. The total comes to $35.

Etamiya is overseas and I don't want to send money there, plus with shipping the total comes to $32.

If I can find a better source, I'll buy one.

That's a more cost effective way for me to start my bike collection....then when the coins kick in I can get the real bikes ;)

Back