sluggish response

Busada

Registered
Ok I just got back into street riding bought a 99 Busa with all the mods just the other day the throttel responce was sluggish and it feels like it is flooding or gas starved and then it clears out. Not sure where to start checking. Can someone leand a hand thanks.

MyBusa.jpg

You purchased it that way, or it just started acting up? Welcome to the oRg.

Thanks glad to be here, it just started acting up. The only thing I have done to it is put new plugs in it, but I put the stock ones in, don't think it likes them. It has 14,000 miles and produce 230hp love the bike, never had one as advaced as this one. Don't know if it's the computer or the commander2, injectors. It ran perfect after I changed the plugs it started acting up. I;ve had it for a year now, it's getting new paint at this moment. Thanks

What other mods have been done. Making 230 at the wheel is not a stock bike. So if I understand you correctly, it ran perfect until you changed the plugs? If so, I would rule out TB sync or fuel pump issues. Did you accidently unplug something, vaccum hose, etc?

Ok I have all the papper work on the bike at home I'm at work now. But the motor was built by lee's performance Drag racing, will have to check the name on that. But now that you mention it there was a hose that went from the bottom of the tank and under the seat, didn't see any connection for it so I thought it was a vent hose and left it as it is. Yes the bike is far from stock.

You had to have disconnected something and didnt put it back or you knocked something off you didnt see. Recheck all connections. What about plug gap, yes I know stupid questions, but sometimes it is the little things that bite us.

Honestly I was told they where preset so didn't check them. I slacked I know.I bought a set of Brisk Plug AR10ZS just have to put them in. Thanks

since it was good before the plugs I would start there. recheck gap and if the gap is okay than replace plugs. let us know how it goes.

welcome the the org. btw.
thumb_up.gif

I will, don't have to worrie about a gap with the new pluge I have. Can you tell me about the hose on the bottom of the tank is it just a vent or does it attach to something? It's behind the fuel ****. thanks

I did the airbox mod to mine and it was running funny. I went back and checked my vacuum lines and this lil hose was off. I agree with everone else re-check all lines and hoses.

Picture496.jpg

Put the new plugs in yesterday, found a vacum line that threads onto an electrical switch that was loose, runs great now. Thanks for the suggestions.

Back