Does the busa wear out - get tired

Rocketman

Registered
Does the busa slow down and need some tightening up after certain mileage? It just seems like mine is tired. It's got 16K miles on it.

It has new plugs in it, new antifreeze, and of course clean oil. Do I need to do other things to pump new life back into it? It just feels sluggish.

I did the basic mods, and it just isn't as sharp as it was prior to the upgrades.

Ask Big O...he was at MMP and his Busa has about 107K on it
super.gif

(basscrazy @ Sep. 09 2007,14:55) Sync the throttle body. Did mine and she runs better than new...
+1 - sync the t-bodies

(Rocketman @ Sep. 09 2007,11:25) Does the busa slow down and need some tightening up after certain mileage?  It just seems like mine is tired.  It's got 16K miles on it.  

It has new plugs in it, new antifreeze, and of course clean oil.  Do I need to do other things to pump new life back into it?  It just feels sluggish.

I did the basic mods, and it just isn't as sharp as it was prior to the upgrades.
What upgrades did you do? Sometimes if you upgrade the wrong way(ie improper mapping..top end exhaust ect) you can lose some sharpness down low.

Synching the throttle bodies will help but really, you're just getting used to it. If you want a refresher on what tame is really like, go ride a harley for a couple of days.

biggrin.gif

Mine has 40,000 miles and it's crankin' along just like always!

--Wag--

(Wag @ Sep. 09 2007,14:30) Synching the throttle bodies will help but really, you're just getting used to it.  If you want a refresher on what tame is really like, go ride a harley for a couple of days.

biggrin.gif

--Wag--
Take it easy on him Louis
biggrin.gif

The topic starter...Rocketman...was suppose to be with us @ MMP

He had a rough week
sad.gif

biggrin.gif

(omslaw @ Sep. 09 2007,15:05)
(basscrazy @ Sep. 09 2007,14:55) Sync the throttle body.  Did mine and she runs better than new...
+1 - sync the t-bodies
+2. I have 37,000+ and she was screaming at MMP, even with the 18/40 gearing and 190/55/17 tire trying to slow her down.

the only thing keeping her from flying around the track is her old, fat, and slow owner
laugh.gif

I've done the airbox mod, the yoshi pipe, pair mod, and powercommander . Had it dyno'd - feels sluggish at low end. It's running a bit rougher these days - like it has a big cam in it.

I have 16/42 gears I'm getting ready to put into it too. I was recommended a tuner in the SLC area that is supposed to know busa's real well. Also have a good friend helping me on the sprockets & chain. I am hoping that the tuner guy is real good.

I'll have him tune the t-bodies as well.

(Rocketman @ Sep. 09 2007,21:04) I've done the airbox mod, the yoshi pipe, pair mod, and powercommander .  Had it dyno'd - feels sluggish at low end.  It's running a bit rougher these days - like it has a big cam in it.  

I have 16/42 gears I'm getting ready to put into it too.  I was recommended a tuner in the SLC area that is supposed to know busa's real well.  Also have a good friend helping me on the sprockets & chain.  I am hoping that the tuner guy is real good.  

I'll have him tune the t-bodies as well.
I thought I'd heard the airbox mod is supposed to take away low end but increase top....so is the 4 into 1 yoshi. I know when I put on my race cans, BMC filter, and a pc my busa started idling alittle rougher...but it runs wayy better
biggrin.gif
Hows your top end? Maybe you set it up more for top end when your a lower end rider? The 16/42 gearing will spice things up ALOT
wink.gif
I put a 16 on front and it perked things up nicely
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

(Wag @ Sep. 09 2007,14:30) Synching the throttle bodies will help but really, you're just getting used to it.  If you want a refresher on what tame is really like, go ride a harley for a couple of days.

biggrin.gif

--Wag--
What he said. A while back I made a trip to the US and spent a month riding my RUNE. The RUNE has a ton of torque and launches like a dragster, so I thought it would be no big deal getting back on the Busa. Boy was I mistaken, it is quick to forget how hard it pulls.

+10 on all the above recs. I did my T-Bodies and it made a difference. I also got used to my bike. So much so that I got on my cruiser one day, which for a cruiser is a quick bike and I felt sure the bike had a problem it was so slow.

You forget how fast the Busa is, until you get on something else. I still sometimes think she may be slowing down, until something else wants to give me a poke at some light some night. By the top of first gear, when you look in the rearviews and say " OH YEAH....I FORGOT...these things are flippin fast bikes".

If Besse starts feeling slow, I ride my 86 Honda Shadow VT700. Besse feels MUCH faster after that!!
beerchug.gif

Your muscles are probably catching up by gaining strength and finally being able to hold you steady.

Back