Busa running like doo-doo!

Slidelldog

Registered
I have a 00 Busa that I bought from the previous owner. The bike has vast amounts of upgrades (i.e. the guy took out the motor and re-did some stuff) I have the complete listing if someone really needs it to anwser the question. The first month or so, the bike ran fine on 93 octane. Then one day it starts stalling at stop lights and im like WTF. So I take it in and they mechanic replaces the spark plugs and says what octane and I say 93. He says try 87 since thats what 00 Busas are supposed to run on. I kinda look at him weird and say ok I will try. The bike ran even worse so I went back to the 93. It ran great for like a day and now its running sluggish in lower gear. I am about to take it back but figure I will let a tank of the 93 possibly get that 87 crap out the bike before i do anything. Also, the bike backfires once in awhile when downshifting. HELP PLEASE

:please: :banghead:

Hmm, really need more information. Have you check the fuel filter(located inside the tank)? What has been done to the bike?

Need more info, list the upgrades I am sure you will get a quicker response.
With the information given I would guess Power Commander issues, bad gas or fuel filter.

Battery ok? Electrical ok? Time for a throttle body sync? Idle ok?

Sorry, just throwing out some ideas that MIGHT be the issue.

Good luck.

Those model busa's had a fuel filter annnd -- -- -- here's the big one, SCREENS inside the pump that most people do not know about that plug up. depending on the production of your bike, if your fuel pump is mounted on frame, GINGERLY, take the pump apart, order the screens from Suzuki, and you should be good to go. This should be a yearly process!!!

Hummmmmmmmmmmmmm , just what makes you think 87 octane is crap-o-la. It burns better and cleaner than 93, the only reason to use 93 Octane is if you had a compression up grade. DID YA :whistle: . Really, for anyone on here to help, we need to know the engine up grades first. But it sounds like a fuel filter or an over rich condition, but could be a million other things :beerchug:

It has 'nos' 'spider' injection that goes directly into the cylinder and a switch to re-map it and the bottle fits under the hump on the pass seat.

The engine was pulled out, completely torn down, yoshimura cams, titanium springs and valves, ported head, milled to bump up the compression a little and still runs on pump premium gas.

It j&e forged pistons, stock cylinder 10 over, falcon crank balanced and knife cut, moly rings, high-volume high-pressure oil pump, balanced & blue printed, ti-force 4 into one titanium exhaust, dyno-jet power commander and multi-function hub in rear, powder coated cases, nos tank that is full, new wheel bearings front-rear, new bridgestone bt021 tires, the best strongest chain you can buy, 05 gold forks, 05 red and black stock paint and decals.

Also a new battery and higher dark windshield recently, fresh synthetic racing oil and filter, manual fan switch, muzzy aluminum fan blades, waterless coolant, k&n air cleaner with air box mod, adjustable cam gears, powder coated black stock wheels, new rear rubber hub, new wiring harness, heli-bars (a little more comfortable) polished mirror frame and swingarm, clear front & rear custom turn signals, rear fender eliminator kit, tank cover, 220 mph speedo (stock) and much much much more.

You have enough engine changes that you need a hands on check. Could be a misfit with the NOS system and maping interface. Or it could be an injection problem also involving your redo map. Really, you need to take it to whoever (if you can) did the work and has the testing equipment to check fuel maping flows and psi's . Could be, and I hope, it's just a fuel filter or fuel line (crimped, twisted or penched) problem :beerchug:

Sound's like the fuel pump..My 99's were gret except for the fuel pump's..Hot weather they would vapor lock..Had to clean them about every 5000 miles..The hot weather you would be going down the road they would quit running..Sometimes would start right back up other times they wouldn't..Main reason I got rid of mine..

Well the work was done in Arizona and I live in NC but there are plenty of Busa shops around here. I am hopin its something simple as well. Yes, I am having the same issue with the heat down here. The bike heats up super fast and will cut off, sometimes it will crank right back up, other times I have to wait a few mintues.

Back