Slip ons ???

02Boooosa

Registered
if i put just slip-ons on my busa, will it sound a lot different then stock, my last bike was a superhawk and after slip-ons it was a lot louder. i was just wondering how a good set of yoshimura slip-ons would sound. thanks

I have rs3 race bolt on's and they are very mellow and a good bit louder than stock. I am very satisfied with them. However, I did have to remove the pair valve to eliminate some backfiring that was occuring when decellerating.

I have rs3 race bolt on's and they are very mellow and a good bit louder than stock.  I am very satisfied with them.  However, I did have to remove the pair valve to eliminate some backfiring that was occuring when decellerating.
I have the same cans and have never had any backfires. I did however have my bike dyno tuned before I really had a chance to ride it.

How about tone?

What slip-ons have the deepest tone (or rumble)to them?

Anybody have audio files of different exhausts?

I have rs3 race bolt on's and they are very mellow and a good bit louder than stock.  I am very satisfied with them.  However, I did have to remove the pair valve to eliminate some backfiring that was occuring when decellerating.
I have the same cans and have never had any backfires.  I did however have my bike dyno tuned before I really had a chance to ride it.
The backfires weren't major. Just little "poofs" that were coming out when decellerating from high rpm's. I took the advice from some members here on the board to remove the pair valve and it did help. So far I did have one backfire that occured when I was clownin pretty hard. Maybe the difference between our bikes is only sea level or something.

I can only speak from personal experience... While I was in New Mexico around 5,000' above sea level I rarely every backfired with my RS3's. But as soon as I got to 5' above sea level mine backfired every deceleration.

It just depends on where your at I guess.

I have Yoshimura slip ons and they are just about right! Not too loud but loud enough to sound good. Also, I think they look good.

I have 2brothers racing C2 oval slip-ons.
They look great and have a distinct sound.
If you've owned a bike with 2Bros on it you'll be able to pick a bike out of a crowd that has em.

Good Luck. All they advice here is good. Its really a choice of look and price.

After Daddy Fatsac replied to a post that I put on here a little while back and told of his misfortune of backfiring and his broke motor I said to myself "self, you better take your pair valve off before this happens to you". I can not really describe what the pair valve is or what it does but it is located between the header pipes and the motor just above the oil filter. For more info on it go here. pair valve

There is a place to get pair valves for as low as $20 now. I picked it up from an individual I'll leave nameless at this time.

Reaperracing@hotmail.com

I've seen them on line from $34 - $44. Mine I bought was $34 w/ $6 shipping. From the above address you should be able to get them $20 shipped. I can't confirm this.

I got them from here http://www.inturace.com/ But I see they lowered the prices on them. Now $27.95.

Daddy over on SuzukiHayabusa.org you never told us how the backfire cause your headgaket to blow all you did was call me names so what gives answer the question I still want to know how a Pair valve back fire blow your head gasket and then blew your motor?
sarcasm.gif

hi guys, i've just put leovinci oval carbon slip on s and it sounds great!!... why don't we just do a sound contest of our busas?
rock.gif
???

-=elias=-

got the yosh rs3 race slip ons. sounds great. nice and deep, mellow sound. not high pitched like some other pipes.

I have 2brothers racing C2 oval slip-ons.
They look great and have a distinct sound.
If you've owned a bike with 2Bros on it you'll be able to pick a bike out of a crowd that has em.

Good Luck.  All they advice here is good.  Its really a choice of look and price.
hey fatjap, did you have any backfiring problems ?

Look Mr. Cheese you might want to get your facts straight.  You couldn't answer my questions at all.  All you wanted to do was call me an idiot and "I'm with stupid" pictures.  I was asking you an honest question.  Mr. I'm going to come over here and continue my childish games.  I know very little about engines PERIOD!  I told you that this is the info my previous mechanic was telling me (which I'm no longer with).  

He said that the backfire was coming from the pipe...but when the backfire would happen the sudden pressure was going back into the engine area causing unneeded stress.  From the time I was two up racing once I let off the gas from being on it extremely hard I got the LOUDEST backfire from my Busa I've ever heard.  Next thing she was making seriously loud sounds coming from the lower part of the engine and also noticed massive amounts of power loss.  

I was told all of this could have been avoided IF I had the block off plates.  Why?  Because I wouldn't have had the backfires going on in the first place if I had them installed.  Now this is what I went off from the mechanic...

Now talking with my new mechanic (after Mr. Cheese called me an idiot), he said pair valve wasn't likely the reason for my misfortune.  He said I was putting a massive load on the engine.  I the total riding weight on the bike was about 320 lbs (me 210 passenger 110).  I've seen some pretty big dudes riding Busas and the weight shouldn't have been a problem (I don't think).  But indeed I could be wrong.

So this is what I have received from two different mechanics...  So Mr. Cheese if you want to get the story straight and stop lying to people about me saying I only called you names give the link to the real story. Yeah you pissed me off after not giving me the answer to my question.  But I'm here to gain knowledge and share with others my bad and good experiences.  

I build bombs and computers for a living if you decided to start doing the two and you had some false info...I wouldn't call you idiot or stupid...I would show or tell you how its done correctly or why this happened.  Not to insult you because you’re not as knowledgeable in area as I am.   If you know more just tell me people what you know...stop all the gayness that comes with your extensive knowledge in the Busa arena.

Also please stop starting sh!t.  You've been pretty salty since that Factory Pro/PC2 thing and noticed you brought that up in the thread about the backfire...  If you notice I wasn't arguing with you then...I was weighing the pros and cons with BOTH systems.  And with my 1507cc motor I'll have to go with PC2.  Get over it bro...
afro.gif

Hey Daddy,
What all was tore up on the other motor?
I have seen guys "pop", while spraying.
It caused a valve keeper to come out of the valve retainer and drop a valve.
Ruining the head, pistons, rods and cylinder.
I know you weren't spraying, but does any of this sound familiar?

Back