sliders, Sliders, sliders

The_Majestq

Registered
Hi Guys,

After my long search, I pick up my Busa tomorrow... Made a good deal and now looking for a set of sliders.

When I say sliders, I mean every slider you can think of; frame, bar end, swing arm, everything.

I'm considering the Vortex frame sliders, being that you can replace the puck in case of slip, versus the entire slider.

Any suggestions?
rock.gif

Vortex are good(from a freind that has used them on hid 954).  Lightening Racing are also good (from personal experience).

Sorry TruWrecks. I went to delete the double post and you grabbed the same one to post in.

<!--EDIT|jwcfbd
Reason for Edit: None given...|1124344124 -->

Hi, I am new here, but I just installed the vortex frame slider's on my '05, and other than having to cut the plastic to get them installed, I am really happy with them ! I heard somewhere that vortex is coming out with a tie down fitting, so you can actually screw the slider off, install the tie down attachment, and strapping your bike down just got a whole lot easier ! Not to mention, if you get tired of one color, you can just buy a new color, and change it out ! Not to mention, if the worst should occur, you can buy the replacement pucks one at a time, or as needed !

lmini001.gif

Steve.

Hi, I am new here, but I just installed the vortex frame slider's on my '05, and other than having to cut the plastic to get them installed, I am really happy with them ! I heard somewhere that vortex is coming out with a tie down fitting, so you can actually screw the slider off, install the tie down attachment, and strapping your bike down just got a whole lot easier ! Not to mention, if you get tired of one color, you can just buy a new color, and change it out ! Not to mention, if the worst should occur, you can buy the replacement pucks one at a time, or as needed !

lmini001.gif

Steve.
That's it, I'm sold...

I've also looked "extended" frame sliders, I would think that the longer the slider, the weaker it could be. But if they are as sturdy, or even sturdier than the typical ones then they may be something to consider as well.

Majestq,
You will not be disappointed ! My 'Bus is BLK/SLVR and my sliders are red, to set off the red lettering from the bike ! I just got done with my latest round of mod's, so I will be putting up some pic's on the other site I frequent, (TWF.com) if your curious to see what the sliders look like !

lmini001.gif

Steve.

I've heard Vortex are nice, as are Lightning Performance, but I use Lockhart Phillips Carbon Fiber. Think they will all serve about the same purpose if need be though. The point is to have them.

Benelux no cut sliders. Strong as hell and no holes in your fairings. $238 to your door, but they look like they came with the bike.

Back