slick and bar

Thanks rick. I may have to call it ramone because it is low and slow.
Sid, I saw a box with your name on it in the shop yesterday.

Yup thats mine - Curts pay-pal was tied up - had to send him a check instead. I cannot wait to get things back together...

Look what showed up today!! This is the 10 over version of what ssober is getting.

DSCN0766.jpg

Not to worry as we still have 20 inches of now on the ground with freezing rain coming in tonight. Tomorrow the new tire and sprocket will be in, then will get measured up for a chain. Need to call Curt tomorrow about the brake setup. Not really sure how it should be.

On mine he put a tab in the tire box area and built a rod to tie to the caliper. Used heim joints on the ends but my rear caliper is greimeca(sp?) you may have to build a rod. I think I can see the tap in the pic. Lower rail a few inches ahead of the tire tapped 5/16

What sprockets are you going with? I found out with mine in the lowest setting I could not clear my 55 on the chain gaurd. I had to drop to a 15 on the front and put a 49 on the rear to start with.

I have a fancy chrome brake bar that i could use - just need to have a tab added for the front of the brake bar. Ordered a 54 - kinda big i know. It doesnt have a chain guard yet but will have to see how it works out. Should know tomorrow evening - that is if the wife lets me get away to work :laugh::laugh:

got the 2 step and the autoshift lined out. I had a shifting problem that I think I got figured out. Walter Sprout is finally coming to OKCity to tune it and once that is done I will get the bike to the track.

It looks like I will be tuning the bike this weekend. Friday night walter sprout and saturday will be tuning at the track and that may go into sunday. I think Walter will be @ tombo's shop starting tomorrow afternoon through friday then saturday and sunday @ thunder valley. If my facts are straight.

Got it tuned. 167 bone stock with a murray. It had a tight long chain on a flat slick to count those however you want for power loss but I wanted to check it how I was going to run it. Clutch setup is way off. Still working through it. Bike felt good and went straight but way too much static on the clutch.

I finally got out and made some passes. Changed clutch tune and ran a 9.996 @ 130 and still never got into 6th. Looked at my data logger and it said I had too much kill time and shifting too close to the limiter. I turned down my shift points and took .10 kill time out and dropped 1 tooth off the front and added 3 on the back now @ (14/52) and took it out in wichita saturday. I ran a 10.03 first pass and spun to the 60' then raised my bars and lowered my launch rpm and ran 2 9.88's one with a 1.40 60' and one with a 1.47 not sure how that happened but it did and I was still spinning. I put a much lighter rider than I (210) and he ripped of a 9.35 spinning and ran out of gear near the traps. she will run 139 @ 11400 with that gearing. The track was cold 56 and no sunshine and not many cars going down it so I count the spin to the track. We will see what happens this weekend when I get on a good track with good prep.

Its a bone stock busa with a heavy rider - give us big guys a break....

Great to hear those kinda numbers!

Back