shinko slick

dragonbusa

Registered
Just got my shinko slick, never ran a slick before, any body that has use one care to give any do"s and don"ts. I"m running a bar and strute. Brake in? burn out? PSI? I belive this my be my ticket to the 5s. 6.26 spinning through 1st gear. If it hooks, its on!:laugh:

I only made a few passes on mine 25psi and still hooked great, but the bike was faster and mph higher with the u-soft. but I didn't break the slick in or anything just a good smoker and good to go, if you spin with this tire somthin else aint right on the bike :thumbsup:

Just got my shinko slick, never ran a slick before, any body that has use one care to give any do"s and don"ts. I"m running a bar and strute. Brake in? burn out? PSI? I belive this my be my ticket to the 5s. 6.26 spinning through 1st gear. If it hooks, its on!:laugh:
I run that slick, 18 lbs of air cold. and it doesn't take much spinning to get it hot. its a great tire!

wee

the entire crew up here at osceola drag strip uses the shinko's... all 27 of them...must run 12-25 psi

your waisting your time with that old road race tire........

this is what you want.

et_drag_motorcycle.jpg

i could not find a pic of an M/T slick in 17 inch. it is the best tire you put on a bike. it is not roadrace tire, its a real wrinkle wall drag race tire......

the shinko stealth is a good tire, for the price......not as good as the M/T but much cheaper and last longer.

the shinko slick, is not even comparable to a real slick....the M/T is better and only cost $185.00.

like afterhours said, I was looking for info from poeple with exp. with the shinko. I allready mounted the shinko, Ive never run a slick and just wanted some tips on running that tire. I"m not runing for $$$ or points, just for kicks. $123.00 dropped at my door,if it will hook I"ll be happy. thanks for the in put

i am not trying to rain on anyones parade....run it, have fun and when you need another tire give it a try......the biggest thing about the M/t slick is its flat,puts 2-3 times more rubber on the track and it hooks everywhere....even on a poorly prepped track.

i am not trying to rain on anyones parade....run it, have fun and when you need another tire give it a try......the biggest thing about the M/t slick is its flat,puts 2-3 times more rubber on the track and it hooks everywhere....even on a poorly prepped track.
that tire is a waste of time and money, no one is buying it, stop selling it!

wee

it will be next weekend before i get to try it out, going to memphis for the last midnight madness. Went 9.92 last time there. (spinning like crazy)

Back