Skin Color under the Helmet

It's refreshing to hear so many Busa owners having the same mindset about this subject.

It's too bad racism continues in this country. It sucks. Unfortunately it's going to take one hell of a long time (if ever) for some to get over it.

I'm white. I don't care what color is under the helmet. To my way of thinking; respect me, I do the same, simple as that.

As for black biker groups, seems to me that helps to continue, if not promote, separation. Then again, Sturgis is probably mostly white because of the Harley following (never been there). Perhaps someone should suggest separate Metric and Harley (& types) week and forget skin color meets. My .02

What then do you call black folks acting poorly toward Korean folks?  Or Chinese folks acting poorly toward Japanese folks?  Or Arab folks acting poorly toward Persian folks?  Or German folks acting poorly toward Italian folks?  Or the French acting poorly toward everybody?
Simple you call it "discrimination", it becomes racism (The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others when there is differentiation simply because of a misguided belief that because I'm black I'm superior to any other race.  It's stupid and narrow minded and yes any race can be racist!

However, the history between Germans and Jews and
white america & black america is soooooo sensitive it's always the focal point. But you're right racism exists in many regions & countries.
If I may say to you, to discriminate IS to distinguish and/or differentiate, irrespective the belief at its foundation. So discrimination doesn't 'become' racism by virtue of having at its foundation a belief that one race is superior to another. Racism would be the core belief; discrimination would be a product of racism.

Admittedly, it may be a matter of semantics - we may be saying the same thing in different ways.

Anyway, if we're to buy the politically correct 'racism' we're being fed, I would ask you to list societies in which racism doesn't exist. There very well may be some, I just can't think of any. And if this is the case - if there are no societies in which racism doesn't exist - could that indicate that the entire world is racist? Or that what we've been fed is wrong...

would I be discrimiative if I move this to Random Thoughts?
blush.gif

think of this, the movie white men can't jump? What if it was black men can't swim? never happen it would be construded as racist yet one is ok the other is racist.
obviously that movie didn't bother too many people other wise the bothered ones would've done what most americans do i.e., call the movie governing board, fcc, etc., and they would've also protest outside of movie theatres. at least i didn't see/here any of that happening when that movie came out.

the bottom line is we're all americans regardless of our skin colors, we should stop using racial words, comments, phrases, etc., that bothers our fellow americans regardless of skin colors. if the words don't bother anyone then use it, if it does and you know it then stop.

imo, the people that still use racial words, comments, etc., knowing it bothers their fellow americans, do it because they just hate that particular group(s) or have no respects for them.

based on what i've seen/heard, racial slurs does bother the 'minority' american groups more than the 'euro' american groups because they have a deeper history of being mistreated and abused by the 'euro' americans. it's very hard to for some to erase those things because most of the sacrafised victims were only guilty because of their skin colors. those innocent victims are like the innocent victims of 9-1-1, oklahoma federal bombing, etc. it is very hard to erase something like that out of history.

#23AndMe ~ #REVIVAL ~ #SkinColor ~ #UnderTheHelmet ~ #THEoRg *

I see a lot of “why a black bike week but not a white bike week”
And I’ll agree the sentiment is solid. But I think it’s just in the name. To clarify, we see a lot of “black” events. Its just the name that throws people off. Never been to sturgis but I’d bet a nickel it’s a lot of white folk and a few small pockets of minorities.
we see this on tv also. We got black entertainment channel which sounds racist... But you don’t see hardly any black folk on the outdoors channel....
we white folk have our events. It’s just not called “white bike week”
I’ve probably explained this horribly but I think y’all get my jist.

Back